Pt. Eight

Hardin

As we sit on a roof. She sighed with relief.

"Your boyfriend won't find you here." I say, teasing her knowing that it's her ex.

"Ex boyfriend." She corrects me with a glare.

She looks at me. "Is this where you hang out?"

I look at her. And then look at the floor below us. "It's better here than socializing with people."

She chuckles. Her cute laugh is so nice to here... This is the first time I made her laugh.

"I only hate valentine's Day because of him. He broke up with me last year on this day." She looked down at her shoes.

I look at her and her ugly cardigan. Her style isn't that bad.

"Oh... Mine broke up with me on my birthday." I say honestly, relating to her story.

Would you consider this as me and her bonding?

"My friends dragged me to this partying hoping I would get over my ex by hooking up with someone. I'm not that type of girl." She rolled her eyes at the thought.

She's nice. And thoughtful too. She wanted her friends to have a good time and went with them.

I chuckle. "Mine did too."

"Well. I should get going now. Thanks... Uh -" she looks down at my stupid name tag that I still have before she adds, "Hardin."

I give her a small smile. Then offer, "I can walk you out?"

"I'm fine. Goodbye, Hardin." She gave me a small wave before entering back through the window and escaping the roof top with me.