CHAPTER 7

Your P.O.V.

"...Jon..." You couldn't believe it. That fucking asshole.

That jerk.

That-

How could he? Why would he? It made no sense. Not to you, at least.

Sock clung to your shirt, sobbing and sniffling loudly. You hugged him.

Julie approached you both with a bucket of hot water. "You okay, Nap?" Julie was the only one to call Sock that. Sock shook his head no, burying his face on your chest.

Julie looked at you. "Who did this?"

You glanced back at Sock, the silent question in your eyes. He nodded, letting you know you could tell Julie.

"Jonathan Combs." you breathed. Julie looked shocked. "He's got a drinking problem, Jules. We thought he was getting better..." You helped Sock remove his shoes and put his feet in the hot water.

"Can you get me some bandages and the first aid kit, please?" Julie nodded, and went to get the stuff.

"Here." She handed it over to you. You took some alcohol and soaked a cotton ball with it. "Try to relax, Sock. This may sting a little..." Sock nodded, and you started cleaning his cuts.

When you got to his arm, though, he flinched. You stopped. "Sorry..." Sock muttered. You looked at him with sympathy "Don't be, it's okay. It's gonna be alright, Sock. I promise."

Sock sniffled a bit, and said "Thanks, (YN)..." You smiled a bit. "You'll be staying at the extra bed in my room. I refuse to make you sleep on the couch."

Sock blushed a bit, almost nothing at all, but you could see it.

Julie chuckled. "Don't be embarrassed about it, Nap. (YN)'s bed is across the room, you won't be that close." You laughed. "But I'll be close enough. Just in case." Sock smiled at you, and you put an arm around his back. "I've got you, remember? I promised." You pulled him closer. He sighed, leaning against you, listening to your heatbeat.

Julie just watched the both of you, not really understanding how you seemed to know Sock so well. It was astounding. The way you calmed him down, held him, listened to him, and, above all, the way you looked at him so tenderly.

She smiled to herself. When she was feeling down, her brother would be there for her.

But you two were different. It was almost as if you wanted to protect Sock. And in some way, you did.

~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

I am now updating at least once a week. Or at least trying to.

It's 2:00 am and I've got insomnia again. I'll post this when I have internet.

Also, thanks for all thise reads! I love you, guys!

Goodnight, my cookies.

Niky.