Chapter Seventeen

The wind and the soft crackle of the fire was the only sounds in the cave. Brian refused to speak to Jay for being such a pinprick. He was worried, he wouldnt deny it; his actions spoke for themselves but the incident months ago still hurt him deeply. It was hard not to stare at him, he felt liek that scared little boy he used to be; before he moved to this god forsaken wilderness. 

He peeked at Jay from the corner of his eye and was startled to find him staring directly at him. No discretion what so ever. What was he thinking? Was he finally going to apologise for breaking his heart? He scoffeed at that and turned his eyes back to the fire. It sparked something in him a nervousness he had no idea what to do about. 

"I'm Sorry" came the soft baritone of Jays voice.

Brian wanted to look at him, to really look at him to see his regret to feel his sorry, but he couldnt. It would change everything; everything he promised himself he would never feel. The suffocating pain, the delerium of being in a sleep wake state and the experience that he was outside looking in on his sheltered life.

It was silent for awhile, before Brian felt Jay plop down beside him. He stiffened unsure of what to expect or what to do. He became nervous and could feel his hands sweat on his lap. He gripped on to his knees feeling a little helpless. He very much found Jay attractive, very much so liked the way he smelled and his silent loner personality. 

What startled him more was when he felt a warm large hand being placed over his. The shock sent a shiver down his spine.

"are you cold?" he heard Jay whisper in his ear as he felt his arm come around his back and placed on his side pulling him closer.

Brian couldnt take it he jumped up and faced Jay red in the face. "what the hell are you doing!?" he yelled his fists shaking at his sides. Jay just looked at him stone face, not a single hint of what he was doing. It just pissed him off more.

"Well?"

Brian looked at him, waiting for an answer. Jay looked at him for a moment before he turned to the fire.  What was he too say?

'the truth jay, just tell him what you've been wanting to say'

He steeled his resolve, "It may not mean much to you, and it may be absolute bullshit, but I will be honest. I wanted to touch you."

Brian felt the warmth of the blush in his cheeks. He didn't know what to say or how to act he wanted to hear that for so long, now that he had, he didnt know if he was estatic or what. In the end it was and will be complete bullshit because he knew somehow deep down the out come of that response.  He wouldn't be with him, no matter what he said. He viewed the world's law too clearly too absolute.

Brian cursed under his breath and slammed his fist into the ground in frustration. He just wanted Jay to break whatever moral compass he had. Didn't he know he was 18 of legal age? Would an age change everything? He turned and looked at him, studied the face of a man who was a mystery to him, the fore flickered off him in a warm glow. It made him forget they were in a cave in the middle of a storm and Jay was injured.

Turning back to the fire he bite his lip. "How's you leg?", he whispered lightly with concern. He felt awkward didn't know what to do. If he had to be honest with himself he wanted to touch him too.

Jay turned to look at him, studied him for a moment. Placing his hand on his shoulder he squeezed reassuringly.  It was okay.

Brian looked at his hand and then at him, he noticed how rugged his lips looked with that beard that was growing in. It suited him in a dark mysterious wilderness way.

Before Brian even knew what he was doing he was leaning forward slightly slowly lost in a trance. JAY watched him slowly lean forward the way his eyes glazed over was endearing. He was nervous if he had to admit to himself just to be happy; then he wanted the boy. He wanted him in every way possible.

"Fuck it..Fuck it all" he said before he leaned forward and planted his lips firmly on Brian's lips. Heat coursed thru him, first hitting him in the chest, then his groin then finally it pooled at the base of his feet. He dragged Brian closer to him and held him tighter.

Brian was surprised when Jay suddenly kissed him. It was unexpected but not once was it unwanted. He knew what he was missing. He missed Jay weather they ever spoke or not.

He wanted more of him. By God he was going to get it.

((A/N: next chapter will more than likely be the end of it. I hope you enjoyed it this chapter. Took a while to write it and I'm not overly pleased with it but who knows it could be better.  Of course it could be ! What am I saying!? Enjoy!!! Comment tell me what you think!! Don't forget to vote!!))

He tasted just how he imagined it would be.