he's the one

darren invited me to this party tonight and i have no idea what to wear.

i pick up my phone and see a notification from darren.

dare <3 : ill be there in a couple minutes. remember that party starts at 6!

i throw my phone on my bed and glance at my clock, 4:54 pm.

ive been wanting to tell darren how much i like him. i mean god we're seniors in high school and i know i have my whole life ahead of me but i know darren is the one for me.

my curling iron beeps, telling me its ready to use.

ding ding ding

darren <3 : im here

hello?

at the door. dont know if i should ring the doorbell or if i should just knock.

----

*runs to the front of the house and opens door*

"weeehoo."

"hello darren." i said leaving darren to close the door behind me.

"not ready yet? we're leaving soon you know. did you read my texts at all?"

"yes i did, actually. *raises arm in the air* i dont know what to wear though."

*in the room*

*darren sits down on your bed watching you move around your room as you get ready*

"you look great in everything! whats the big deal?"

darrens pov

her hips swayed back and forth...her whole body moved to the tune of the music. she hummed as she curled her hair and put her makeup on. she didnt even mess up her eyeliner. she's so pretty. how do i tell her though?

"which one should i wear? be honest dare!"

"ouch...okay!"

in one hand y/n had a long matcha color dress and on the other was a short all white dress.

"i think the white would bring your highlights out and the green would bring your eye color out."

"darren, youre not helping."

"white."

"okay. ill be back."

y/n's pov

the white dress slipped on so easily. it was a tight dress and it made all my curves stand out in all the right places. i popped open my gloss and put some one, grabbed my heels and purse and made my way out of the door.

darrens mouth opened wide. i could feel his eyes staring at me. my face felt warm...oh shit im getting red.

"you l- oh my. you look amazing."

"thanks." i blushed.

"um *darren shakes his head, snapping out of it*should we go? we'll be late if we dont start heading over there."

"mhm."

darren leaned, pointing the way out the door.

"milady" he opened the door.

darren and i walked towards his car. he seemed really off. should i tell him? what if it just ruins everything, then itll be my fault.

"darren i have to tell you something." i said as i closed his truck door.

"whats up?"

"you and i have been friends for the longest time. we've made so many memories together and im greatful for every second we've spent together. i dont want you to look at me any different once i tell you this, please."

"hey, whatever it is i will not judge. promise. i even pinky promise." he said holding his pinky out.

i put his hand down and looked at him straight in the eyes.

"darren im madly in love with you. there i said it!"

darren stayed silent. i covered my face to hide. suddenly, i felt his cold hands press against mine, then bringing my hands closer to him.

"veruna look at me. ive loved you for the longest time i just didnt know how to tell you. believe me when i say this...i love you so much id do anything to keep you."

darren leaned in closer...his face was now in front of mine. i could feel his breath going down my neck.

he gave me one more look and thats when our lips took the spotlight. our lips said all we couldnt. they said way more than just i love you.

"god i love you." darren said leaning to kiss me again.