Rumors

After I finished my coffee, I decided that I needed to get up and move my legs, so I carefully got down from the bed and wandered around the room I was in. It was huge, and it and the adjoining bathroom were equally as lush and grand as the rest of the house. Who the hell lives here? Eyeing a chest of drawers, I rifled through it to try and find some fresh clothes that I could wear, going through an extensive assortment of men's flannels and button ups. Nice. I picked out a neutral toned flannel and laid it out on the bed before I walked over to the door, peeking out of it to see if Kai was hanging around. Pleased to note that the hall was empty, I shut the door and began to change out of my dirty, sweaty clothes. Ugh, these feel so good to take off. Since I wasn't comfortable taking a shower with such fresh wounds, this was the next best thing. I threw my old outfit into the corner of the room before I slipped the flannel over my head with my uninjured arm, gently sliding my arms into the sleeves. It hung off of my frame fairly loosely, and came all the way down to the middle of my thighs. Good enough. Wanting to grab a glass of water, I grabbed my empty mug and headed out of the room to seek out the kitchen. After a little bit of aimless wandering, I finally found it, and when I walked in I came across Kai sitting at the table, eating a bag of pork rinds and sorting through a substantial pile of cassette tapes. He glanced up from his work as he heard me approaching.

   "Pork rind?" he offered, holding the bag out towards me.

   "No thanks, they're all yours."

He shrugged and kept on eating them as he watched me rinse the coffee mug off in the sink and put it in the dishwasher. I looked around the kitchen, trying to guess where the glasses could be.

   "What are you looking for?"

   "A glass."

   "They're in the closest cabinet to your left."

   "Thanks."

It was indeed the right cabinet, and I took down a glass and filled it up with water, taking a couple of gulps from it before I poured more in to restore it to fullness. I was about to move to go upstairs when my stomach growled.

   "Hungry?" Kai asked with a soft chuckle.

   "Yeah, what is there to eat besides pork rinds?"

   "Anything in the fridge and in the pantry. I'm not sure what's in them."

   "Who's house is this anyways?" I asked as I walked into the pantry.

   "Not sure...but I keep seeing things with the name Salvatore on them so I'm guessing that we're guests of the Salvatores, whoever they are."

   "Wait, Salvatore?" I clarified, popping my head back out of the pantry.

   "Yeah."

   "Oh my gosh!" I said before I made my way towards where I assumed the front door would be.

   "Where are you going?"

I ignored him as I arrived at the front door and pushed it open, walking outside until I had a view of the exterior of the house.

   "I can't believe it!" I exclaimed.

In my pre-1994 prison existence, Stefan Salvatore had graduated high school a couple of years ahead of me, and he and his brother Damon were well-known figures in the town. I had seen the outside of their house a couple of times, but I had never gotten the chance to go inside. This is actually pretty cool! I get to stay in the Salvatore house! I saw Kai walk out of the entrance of the house, looking bewildered.