Three

The fundamental purpose of this contract is to allow the Submissive to explore her sensuality and her limits safely, with due respect and regards for her needs, her limits, and wellbeing.

"But what was she doing at Clayton's?" Normani asked through the phone, ecstatic that I was able to schedule her photoshoot.

"She was in the area," I shrugged.

"I think that is one huge coincidence, Bey. You don't think she was there to see you?" My heart lurched at the prospect, but it was a short-lived joy. The dull, disappointing reality is that she was here on business.

"She was visiting the farming division at WSU. She's funding some research."

"Oh yes. She gave the department a 2.5 million dollar grant." Wow.

"How do you know this?"

"I'm a journalist and I've written a profile on the woman. It's my job to know this."

"Okay inspector gadget, calm down. So do you want these photos?"

"Of course I do. The question is, who's going to do them and where."

"We could ask her where. She said she's staying in the area."

"You can contact her on the weekend?"

"I have her cell phone number." Normani gasped.

"The richest, most elusive, most enigmatic bachelorette in Washington State, just gave you her cell phone number."

"Uh... yes."

"Beyoncé! She likes you. No doubt about it." Her tone was emphatic.

"Mani, she's just trying to be nice." Even as I said the word, I knew they weren't true. Megan Pete does not do nice. She does polite, maybe. And a small quiet voice whispered, perhaps Mani is right. After all, she did say she was glad Kate didn't do the interview.

"You know she's gay right?"

"I'm sorry?" My heart fluttered at the thought.

"Yep. I don't know who we'll get to do the shoot. Levi can't, he's home for the weekend."

"What about Kehlani?"

"Great idea! You ask her - she'll do anything for you. Then call Pete and find out where she wants us."

"I think you should call her."

"Who Kehlani?" she asked.

"No, Pete."

"Bey, you're the one with the relationship."

"Relationship?" I asked, my voice rising several octaves. "I barely know her."

"At least you've met her and it looks like she wants to know you better. Beyoncé just call her," she snapped at me. I frowned at her reaction before calling Kehlani. She doesn't answer so I leave her a message. I secretly hoped she would so that I could avoid calling Megan for as long as possible. I took a deep breath and dialed the number.

"Pete." She answered on the second ring. Her tone is clipped, calm, and cold.

"Ms. Pete? It's Beyoncé Knowles." I didn't recognize my voice, I'm so nervous. There's a brief pause.

"Ms. Knowles. How nice to hear from you." Her voice changed. She sounds surprised, I think, and she sounds warm - seductive even. My breath hitched and my face flushed. I was suddenly aware that Normani Hamilton was staring at me, her mouth open, and I darted into the kitchen to avoid her.