How Percy Saved Christmas

So I'm gonna write this and try and get it out on Christmas Eve. I wanted to write something special for the holiday so I decided to just do a oneshot based around Christmas. There is a backstory to this, but I'm not gonna write all that. Basically, Percy's semi-immortal like the hunters and he's dating Artemis. Simple. Tell me in a comment or review what you guys got for Christmas, and how your holidays went. This Christmas just seems really special for some reason.

I'm not gonna lie, I always hated Christmas, just like my birthday. Like my birthday though, this year my mood of the holiday has suddenly changed, and I find myself smiling bittersweetly as the holidays roll on. Like my birthday, I attribute that all to my friends and girlfriend. Thank you guys for turning my life around for the better. Thank you guys for reading this story, and continuing to support me in this little therapeutic hobby of mine. Yes, I started writing because my therapist told me to write. Aside from fanfictions I write actual stories that I don't publish and have left in my docs. I write those to help myself, not for the praise of the internet.

Anyway, I hope you guys have a good Christmas and the best of luck to you for 2020, and the new decade that follows. Gods only know I'm gonna be trying to improve upon my life in the upcoming decade.

How Percy Saved Christmas

Third Person P.O.V.

The Hero of Olympus, Perseus, simply known as Percy to most, trudged through the snow in a long trench coat and woollen clothes. He shivered slightly at the late-December weather as he pulled the coat closer to cover him.

It was Christmas Eve, six hours before the clock would strike midnight and the sun pretty much gone down already. Percy had always celebrated the holidays, and he was always home with his mother, and in recent years Paul and his new little sisters, to open presents on Christmas morning and have Christmas lunch together.

But, this year they were celebrating with Paul's family and Percy assured them he'd celebrate it with his friends. So, they went ahead, and now he had no one to celebrate Christmas with. That is, until he starts asking people of course.

Percy reached Cabin 8 of Camp Half-Blood and brushed the snow off his shoulders. He hadn't even realised it began snowing, he was too busy staring at the snow on the ground that had already been there for the past week.

He opened the door carefully so that snow didn't enter and slipped in, relishing the warmth of the fireplace and taking off his coat. Seeing no coat rack, he just threw it in the corner and walked over to the other inhabitants of the room.

There was an image that would've surprised many. Artemis, the goddess of the hunt, maidens and wildlife sat on a chair reading a book to a group of young girls sitting by the fireplace. Even the older ones were there, but most of them weren't as attentive to the story as they were smiling at the scene.

Unfortunately, Percy had arrived just as the story was wrapping up, as Artemis was on the last page. "And so, they lived happily ever after." She said, smiling as she closed the book and looked at the hunters. What a cliche ending, Percy thought to himself. It was probably a good story, but he just hadn't been there to hear it.

Artemis looked up and only just noticed her boyfriend standing next to Thalia. "Percy. When did you get here?" She asked, smiling as many of the younger hunters quickly turned around. "Percy!" They shouted, getting up and launching themselves at him. He grunted as the impact of half a dozen girls impacting his stomach knocked him back.

"Really? I saw you guys as at breakfast." He said, knowing full well that they did this every time he arrived. "They love you, Kelphead. What do you expect?" Thalia said as she punched him in the shoulder. Percy was about to retort with something ending in 'sparky', but stopped when he felt a tugging on his hand.