Chapter 3 part 1

Oh my god.

What did I just do?

"Are you okay?"

I hurried towards the moaning police officer on the marble floor.

"I'm sorry! I didn't realize..."

"I–I'm okay."

"Hold my hand and stand up."

My mind was overwhelmed with thoughts as the young man took my hand and stood up.

What just happened?

It was ridiculous.

My body moved without me realizing and I threw a complete stranger to the floor.

He looked puzzled, it was the same for me.

That flip move I just tried, it was the same move as the one I saw in the movie playing on the TV.

"Hello."

After moving from the hospital to a cafe, the man introduced himself.

"I came from Eunpyeong police station. I'm the investigator in charge of this case."

"Yes, hello."

A short sports cut.

His tanned skin and big build reminded me of a detective.

The business card he gave me read 'Traffic Investigator Corporal Jang Kyungil.'

"Excuse me, does it still hurt?"

"I'm okay."

Corporal Jang smiled coolly.

"I was in a judo club in the past. This much won't– aaah...!"

"Are you alright?"

"Aah... I mean, it doesn't hurt."

It looked quite painful, but I moved on.

"I heard that doing a flip is amazing. It's not a skill you learn in a day or two. If you did it subconsciously, are you actually an athlete?"

"Ah, yes...."

"Iya, no wonder."

It was a lie, but I couldn't just say 'without realizing, I copied a skill I saw on TV, haha.'

Soon after, he took out his notebook and began asking questions.

I answered faithfully.

After the short q&a session, I brought up a question I was curious about.

"Was it a drunk driver? The car was swerving everywhere."

"It wasn't a drunk driver, they had epilepsy. I heard from her husband that she had an episode while dropping off her daughter at the test site."

"Can a person with epilepsy have a driver's license??"

"It's possible."

The police officer nodded.

"Well, it's complicated to explain, but there's no legal issues regarding them getting a license."

"...is that so."

The fact that I couldn't take my CSAT because of the family member of another test-taker made me bitter.

"Then, what happens now?"

"They'll be charged. No matter the circumstance, it's obvious that two people were almost sent away."

I almost died.