Chapter 11

I felt something shining on my face. Then I felt something heavy. I opened my eyes slowly only to be blinded by bright lights.

"Am I in heaven?", I thought to myself.

I was on something soft. Maybe a bed or something? I turn my head to the right and saw a brown-haired woman sitting next to me resting her head on the edge of whatever I was on and she was mumbling to herself while sobbing.

"No..., I can't lose you...you promised...", she mumbled. I recognised her voice to be Abby's.

"And I'm not going to break that promise.", I said quietly to her.

She looked up and her fae was tear stained. Shock and happiness imprinted on her face.

"A-Ashton... b-but....", she said looking from me to a machine the was beside the bed.

"I-is it really you? Or am I just tired for the lack of sleep?", I questioned herself aloud.

"You should probably get some sleep. But yeah, it's me.", I smiled at her.

"Oh my gosh! Y-you're alive!", she said hugging me as I sat up slightly.

The pressure caused me to wince.

"Of course I'm alive. I always keep my promises.", I told her.

Tears filled her eyes and she began to cry with her head in my lap.

"Abby..., are you- ASHTON!", a familiar voice called out. I turned and saw Marcus run through the door.

"Yep, that's me.", I groaned out as he hugged me.

"S-sorry..., but..., your alive!", he exclaimed.

"Marcus shut up! You know Abby wants to be- OMG! ASTHON!", Sasha said running through the door.

"Yes. I'm alive. You all act so surprised.", I smiled at them.

"The machine just said you were dead!", Sasha exclaimed.

"When since have you since anything ordinary on this trip?", I asked her.

"I'm just..., we're glad you're okay.", she said with tears in her eyes.

"What's all this commotion about now- oh!", Nurse Anna exclaimed when she saw me awake.

"C-can I please speak with Mr. Heights for a moment?", she asked.

They looked at each other and hesitated to answer.

"Okay..., but don't take too long.", Abby said then they walked out and the chief came in.

"You're alive?", he questioned.

I nodded. I tried to sit up straight but pain caused me to go back in my slouching position.

"Please, you need to take it easy.", the nurse said.

I looked down to where my stomach was lifting up my shirt and saw a bandage wrapped around it. I was in the clothes I had worn before we first boarded the ship.

"How long was I out?", I asked. My throat felt dry and my head began to hurt.

"For at least four days. We're almost back to Earth.", the chief said.

"Is everyone okay?", I asked.

"Yes, everyone else got on safely.", the nurse said.

I looked around then realised I was in the Med Bay. Joe was on the bed on the other side of room adjacent to my bed.

"He needed some rest after than stunt he pulled the other day.", the chief explained, "When we get to Earth we plan on telling NASA what happened so we can prevent this ever happening again."