₁․  TIL DEATH DO US PART

━━━━━━━━━━━

SUPERIOR COURT OF NEW YORK 
COUNTY OF MANHATTEN 

No. 44890
Petition for Dissolution of Marriage

   In re the Marriage of: 

   James Shepherd, Petitioner
   and Mark Sloan, Respondent.

━━━━━━━━━━━

I.  BASIS

SEATTLE WAS A LOT RAINIER THAN SHE EXPECTED.

She did hear things about the city that always wept, the glimmering beauty of Washington state (despite the fact that it had been Olympia that would wear the armor and defend its land.) The fact hadn't escaped her as she watched late night TV, listening to the various weather forecasts in her little apartment, her eyes drooping from endless days of work, she watched as Shannon O'Donnell moved about the screen with little infographics floating around the area. Those nights had been plagued by a man sleeping peacefully in the bed beside her, covers wrapped around himself and arms gripping his pillows as if they were keeping him from drifting too far into his dreams (too far from her). Those nights had only been plagued with the idea of flying across the country spontaneously, starting anew in a city where she was a nobody. But no. She stayed in New York, his hand on her hip, as they watched the pristine smiles on Derek and Addison's lips, hot gossip passing around their little group.

Then everything had fallen apart, people slept together, and Jamie ended up in California. She loved it there. The weather and the freedom it had. New love and a new life she could finally breathe by herself. However, she seemed to find herself standing under the Seattle rain. Her back ached due to the two hour delay at the airport and the small seats. Her face briefly pinched as she shifted. She glanced past the end of the umbrella to watch the sky darken– it must know her reasoning for being there. Why she was there, standing before the hospital she'd been invited to, hopefully, multiple times, was not out of pleasure. Jamie thought that Seattle was a rather miserable place and the outcome of her sudden trip had miserable intentions.

Standing before Seattle Grace, Jamie pondered what she would walk into. She had heard from Richard Webber a handful of times about coming and working under his people. She'd never responded because she'd been happy to work under Charlotte King and have her family (at least those she considered family) close by. However, she did find Richard at a mixer– one for upcoming fellows who were hoping to have new outreaches in the medical community. Jamie spoke to multiple people at great lengths, smiling and offering her card, some conversations ended up being longer than others. One attending from Hopkins was particularly excited to speak to her. His eyes wandered from her lips to her breasts, which she noticed immediately. Jamie sat uncomfortably as his word grew more sensual and his thumb traced the skin of her upper arm. Doctor Fetters was nothing more than a bachelor who was smug and egotistical, and a creep. If there was one thing that she was grateful for in the mess of New York, was that she could flash a ring and assert she was happily married and she was sure her spouse wouldn't be all too happy with this conversation. Fetters gave her a shaky smile and pale complexion before rushing off.