9: His Masterplan pt. 1

Early before school, Jimin called one of his classmates, Myoui Mina. 

Mina was a quiet beauty, but was a ballet professional. Mina, like almost every girl in school, had a crush on Jimin, but she wasn't expressive and preferred to keep her feelings to herself.

"Mina-ssi, can you walk to school with me today?" Jimin phoned her, and Mina, though obviously surprised, agreed to his request.

Along the way, Jimin tried to start awkward conversations with Mina, but Mina was too lost in her own thoughts to hear him, and they ended up walking in silence. 

For the entire day, Jimin hung around a confused Mina and her friends, and earned jealous glares from Jeongyeon. When Jimin and Mina were walking through the corridors, he would always drape his arm around her shoulder and, of course, Mina didn't mind.

------------------------------------------------------------

Jeongyeon admitted, almost crying, to Nayeon, "Unnie-ah, has he given up on me? I mean, I can't stop him from having a girlfriend, but for half a year I thought he had his eyes on me. I-I didn't realize it until this morning, but I'm really jealous of Mina. 

I didn't know, but over these months, I'm slowly falling for him, even more than I did for Tae-Taehyung. I should have known that he was just trying to get me, then break my heart. I really regret ignoring him, but now I'll do anything to get him back."

Nayeon felt upset for Jeongyeon, while she was comforting her, but a part of her was actually soaring with joy. Jeongyeon didn't know it, but before she came to the school, Nayeon had a tiny crush on Jimin. Nayeon promised herself that she would fully support her friends' relationship, after learning of Jimin's crush on Jeongyeon, but it wasn't easy as she watched her best friend and close friend become closer, and leaving her as the third wheel. 

She then saw Jeongyeon's helpless state and remembered her promise to help her win Jimin, and felt guilty about her thoughts.

------------------------------------------------------------------

After school, when most of the students, including Jeongyeon, have gone for extracurricular activities, Nayeon managed to corner Jimin in her empty classroom, and whispered deadly, "Jimin, why are you hurting my friend? You promised that she was your only goal."

"Look, Nayeon," Jimin tried to explain himself, "Can't I have another friend?" Her tone grew fiercer and louder, "Of course you can, but why treat Mina like your girlfriend, when yours clearly loves you back?" 

"Jeongyeon doesn't love me, even if I do love her," Jimin retorted. Their voices were growing louder, but they had no idea that even after school, someone was standing outside the classroom, listening to every word in their argument.

"Jeongyeon loves you. I can tell. Tell me why you are doing this to Jeongyeon," Nayeon said with burning eyes. 

"I did it because I want Jeongyeon to love me back," Jimin admitted, and expressed his frustration by slapping onto his desk, "I don't love Mina. Not even a single bit. I stayed with her all day because I want to make Jeongyeon jealous. Only then will Jeongyeon realize if she really loves me." Jimin smiled triumphantly. That's my masterplan.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Silently, Mina, who was listening outside the classroom, spun on her heel and ran away while tears trickled down her cheeks, unable to digest the entire confession she had heard just now.