November 27

Alyssandra breathed. With her breath, the world would not move. She tried again, attempting to bend it to her whims. "Please!" she begged.

The world would not bend. The ground stayed firmly put, refusing to answer her. The winds twirled around her, letting out a melancholy note. The water continued rushing on, not stopping. The plants could not seem to hear her and the animals fled. The fire on the candles around her gentled their dance, but would not help her.

She cried. She wanted so dearly to play with the spirits. Why would they not dance with her? Why would they not play?

After crying all the tears she had to give, she turned to anger. How dare they! All she wanted was what everyone else had! She just wanted to play with the spirits! She just wanted to dance!

Alyssandra wished to shake the earth. She wished to vibrate the wind. She yearned to play with the water. She wanted to speak to minds, be it plants or animals. She wanted to spin with fyre and dance with flames.

But they refused her. They would not accept her. They would not let her in.

She would find her own way in. She would not accept no as an answer. Alyssandra decided she didn't care what happened. She would find the spirits and she would speak with them. She would find her talent.