Prologue

"Once upon a time in deepest part of the sea there was a mermaid named Ariel. She loved exploring together with her friend named Flounder. Living on the land together with humans is one of her biggest dreams."

"Her father the ruler of the sea, King Triton thought that humans are dangerous and forbid his daughter to reach her very impossible dream. But Ariel did not listen to him and continued to disobey her father, sneaking out while her father was asleep."

"One night, a strong storm came and they watched the busy ship in the middle of the ocean, when they saw the prince fall from the ship. Ariel feels the urges to save the prince so..."

"Ikaw stop ate." I am not interested of what's the next thing she would say. I am more than interested on how Ariel follows her dreams to live on the place she wanted to.

My ate suddenly incasinato my hair; my lips rose up and roll my eyes on her as I fixed it.

"You always scompigliandomi my.. my..  what is the tagalog of hair again?"

She chuckled and pulled me closer to her. She caressed my hair as if she were fixing it.

"Look princess, you shouldn't mix the three languages. I will teach you tagalog tomorrow after your class."

"Maraming Salamat ate." I said while yawning. I always wanted to learn tagalog at a very young age. I want to live in the Philippines but unluckily my father the male version of Ursula forbids me to. I am naiinis on him. Every time my ate flew back to Philippines I always make takas but my father always huli me.

I am thirteen years old and I am old enough to do an undercover jobs just like my ate. She is so cool every time I am watching her trained herself. I wanted to be just like her but I can't because of my father.

"Ugh, but ate.. What if father huli me again?"

"Don't worry about it, he will not huli us." She winked at me and she pulled the blanket and put it on me.

"Now you should sleep. Tomorrow is another day." She kissed my forehead and hums me a beautiful song. As I closed my eyes I saw how she smile at me.

I woke up early, I am so excited because ate will be teaching me tagalog again. But hours had passed; there is no sign of her.

***

That day I waited her in my room yet she never showed up. Days, weeks months and years she never showed up. Ilang taon ang nakalipas hanggang sa natuto akong magtagalog ay hindi pa rin siya bumabalik. Sa tulong ni Kiko na half american and half Pilipino ay natuto akong magtagalog, isa siya sa mga taong nagtuturo sa akin sa lahat ng aspeto mula sa iba't ibang lengguwahe, martial arts, at pati na rin sa paggamit ng iba't ibang sandata like guns, swords and such.

I am now twenty-two and father gave me a vacation trip for Maldives. Of course, even if I can take care of myself kasama ko pa rin ang mga bodyguards ko kaya lang tinakasan ko sila ilang araw lang matapos ko makalapag ng bansa. I took the opportunity to escape away from my father, thanks for the help of Kiko who took care of everything I need.

Kasalukuyan akong nakahiga sa puting buhangin ng isa sa mga sikat na beach resort sa bansang Pilipinas. Hindi ako nagkamali sa bansang ito, bukod sa napakaganda ay napakabait rin ng mga tao rito. Masaya sa gitna ng problema at hindi alitana ang mga matitinding hampas ng alon sa buhay.