✰Chapter 1✰

Kenma Kozume
Attended- Nekoma high school
Age- 23
Occupation- University Student, Stock Trader, Pro-gamer, YouTuber, Bouncing Ball Corp. CEO
Relationship- Taken by Shoyo Hinata

"Alright that's it for today's stream, thank you for watching, I'll see you next time" With that the stream was over, I turned off my camera and leaned back on my chair.

4:15.
Shoyo should be home from his practice soon, but for some reason I'm not as excited for it, I just keep looking over at my old photos, especially the ones with, him. Kuroo. My first friend, and the first person I ever fell in love with. I love Shoyo with basically all my heart.

But...

Him..

I remember he used to come and see me when I got up early to play video games, and he was the one who got me into volleyball, he took care of me. "Dammit Kuroo.. Why can't I just forget about you?" I shake my head and get up, "Maybe if I can just get rid of the photos I'll just forget.." I go to grab one of the pictures that had the two of us, I then raise it up, ready to drop the picture to watch the frame around it shatter.

Goodbye Kuroo.

"Kenma! I'm home from practice!"
The sound of Shoyo's voice broke through my thoughts and I set the framed picture back on my desk, "Shoyo, welcome home, how was practice?" I ask as the slightly shorter boy runs in, hugs me, and kisses my cheek. It's the same thing everyday when he gets home, but I find comfort in the things that don't change.

"Well today Atsumu and I were working and then suddenly-"
I don't know when it happened but at one point in Shoyo's story I got off track and was in my own thoughts, that never happens, I always listen to Shoyo's entire story then we hang out, why is there change now?

And why of all things, I zone out and start thinking of him.

"Thank you, for getting me into volleyball" That was when I was going to confess to him, but I didn't, I got scared, but I knew he was graduating soon so I planned to him before he left for college, but I chickened out then too. So instead of confessing to him, I made him promise that he would message me everyday. And he did, he messaged me everyday asking how I was doing, I was always happy seeing his name pop up on my screen, but that happiness.. It didn't last very long.

Texting every day turned into every week.
"Sorry I haven't been texting you Kenma, college has had me really busy, I'll call you soon!"

Texting every week turned into every month.
"Call you soon Kenma"

Until his texts just stopped.

THEY JUST STOPPED.

He wouldn't text, or call or anything.

Why did he stop texting?
Why-

"Kenma? Are you listening?" Shoyo's voice was again the thing to bring me back to reality. "I'm sorry Shoyo.. I zoned out again." I told him, leaning back in my chair. "You've been doing that a lot recently, but anyways, I was going to ask if we could go hang out tomorrow night! We could go eat dinner, then watch a movie." He said, sitting down in front of me. "The night before you have a game? Shoyo you need to get some rest tomorrow night." I replied, it wasn't that I didn't want to go out with him, I just don't want his volleyball life to suffer because of me. "It's fine! We can just do everything early. It's going to be so much fun!" Shoyo started looking at me with his puppy-dog eyes, and well, it was kinda hard to say no to him when he does that and so with that, we had our date planned.

The next night I was in the bathroom changing as I got ready for my date with Shoyo, but something felt different, that something was that I still couldn't get Kuroo out of my head, but I know he's moved on, he doesn't care about me anymore, so why am I randomly so stuck on thinking about him, why can't I just forget?

I can't think about any of that right now..

I have a date.

A date with a boy that I love very much, a date with a boy that still isn't Kuroo.

Kenma you idiot! Stop thinking about how Shoyo isn't Kuroo! That doesn't change anything.

"Are you ready to go Shoyo?" I asked as I left the bathroom, I saw Shoyo waiting to go, he seemed very excited for our date. "So sadly the dinner reservation was late so we can't go to our movie, buttttt I have very good news for when we get to dinner and I think your gonna be really happy!" Before I had a chance to ask questions Shoyo grabbed my hand and pulled me off to his car so we could head off to dinner.

Why is he so excited? He's not going to propose, right?

The dinner seemed very normal actually, Shoyo talked a lot and I was finally able to listen and not think about him, I just listened to Shoyo and was reminded how much I love him, I was even smiling through most of it. 

"Okay! So here's the big news" 

My smile subsided, and a wave of worry washed over me as he told me the plan.

"So basically I thought that maybe we could get the Karasuno team and the Nekoma team back together for a reunion!" Shoyo said right after ordering dessert, dessert that I was paying for but it's alright, I think he expected a happy response from me and might have been weirded out at the fact that I had a very worried expression on my face. "Kenma? Why do you look so worried? You'll get to see Kuroo again! Your best friend!" 

He meant well. 
I know he meant well.

But I didn't want to see Kuroo.

Because I know that the memories that I've tried to forget about will come back.

And I don't know what I'll do when that happens

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So uh

yuh

1023 words