01. The Day a Demon Was Born

"My, my, a nobleman? What fun this should be." A girl with long, silver hair pulled over her left shoulder, a scarlet bow around the middle, the rest hanging down loosely, her royal blue eyes shining in the dim lighting.

"What's this, school girls?" The man asked. "I envy you kids these days. So much time in your hands, time for regrets. What's your name, school girl?"

"Ayumi...Ryoko." She answered, casually taking a seat in the cushion chair, a chess board in front of her.

Suddenly, a girl, looking a bit clueless, leaned over the board with awe, her periwinkle hair tied into two low ponytails, awe showing in her maroon eyes. "Whoa...! There's no way to win this! It's impossible, right?" She stood back up, placing her index finger on her chin as she pondered.

"Suki, how much time do you think we have to make it to our next class on time?" Ayumi asked.

The girl snapped out of her pondered state and took out her phone, checking the time. "About 20 minutes if we bust a move!" She answered, almost dimwittedly.

"And make sure you drive safely on the way back." The silver haired girl chuckled. "I'll need seven minutes."

"Seven minutes!? That's impossible! You only have 20 seconds per move!" The nobleman stated.

Ayumi reached over, lifting up the black king. "Enough time." She said.

"You're starting with the king?" He chuckled as she merely smirked.

__________________________

Ayumi's POV

"I love challenging the nobility! They always pay out of pride! By the way, 6 minutes and 28 seconds. A new record! That's even faster than Lulu, and he's the best at chess!" Suki said.

"Speaking of, where is that arrogant moron?"

"With Rivalz." She answered as I just sighed through my nose. "They're off gambling again. Why? Does Yuyu miss her lovely Lulu?" Suki teased, but it didn't faze me as I just smirked.

"Not at all. He's going to get caught one day considering he's only 17."

"Well so are you, Ayu." Suki pointed out, holding the door open for me as I exited the building.

I chuckled lightly. "Yes, I know, but that doesn't stop me."

"Doesn't stop him either." She said with her usual smile.

Suddenly, my attention was grabbed by a large screen on the side of the building coming on. My gaze went into a sudden glare at seeing Prince Clovis and Princess Leila. They started talking of that terrorist attack not too long ago before asking for a moment of silence, Suki mounting her bike.

"So are you gonna join in?"

"Are you?" I retorted.

"It's a little embarrassing..." She said a bit nervously.

"Well I don't see the point in shedding meaningless tears over the dead. It sure as hell won't bring them back, that's for sure."

"Damn. That's kinda dark, even for Lulu."

I chuckled again, getting into the side car. "I never said I wasn't a bit harsh."

"Still, but this is you we're talking about, so I shouldn't be all that surprised." After putting my helmet and blue shades on, Suki took off.

"By the way, why'd you start with the king back there?" She asked curiously.

"How can his subordinates follow if there's no one to lead them?" I answered, sounding professional.