Chapter 39

I've done it.

I've become the deputy of Vertexclan.

This is a wonderful feeling. I can order other cats around and I can tell them what to do! Well, mostly.

If I want full control, I must become the leader of Vertexclan. And to do that...

Sunsting and I will have to rid of Skystar. Though, that is all up to Shred and what he has planned next. I padded out of the Warriors' den and looked around. The camp was quiet today. And that is fine. I wonder who I should send on a patrol first or even send out of the camp to hunt?

No matter.

One day, I will be the next leader of Vertexclan.

And I'll get you back, Ripplewave... Whatever my next task may be, I will get you back, and you will be my mate once more!

I sighed. Those moons ago, when we met up in that spot. She could've come to Vertexclan with me and had our litter... But she decided otherwise and went back to her clan. The thought of it still messes with my head sometimes. I don't get to see my kits grow and become the powerful warriors they could be now!

I hold back my anger often.

Maybe I can take that anger out on my clanmates.

Killing Buzzardgaze felt good, after all.

*

I did it!

We did it!

Lionstrike and I killed Buzzardgaze, and Lionstrike became the deputy of Vertexclan!

I truly am one of the greatest warriors to exist! Not just in my clan, but in both clans! I'm the most powerful warrior and nothing can stop me! No cat will stand in my way, and if they do, they'll feel my wrath and blood will get shed by me! I looked around and saw my sister, Breezebird, padding around the camp. I smirked as I padded over to her. She looked at me and nearly ran away at the sight of someone as great as me! "Hi!" I meowed to her.

"H-Hey, Sunsting..." She meowed back.

"You remember as kits when you said I wouldn't be the best?" I asked.

Breezebird nodded.

"I want you to tell me I am! I've bested both you and Jumpleg!" I meowed.

"Sunsting... We were only kits back then... I was-"

I unsheathed my claws and growled at her, "I said tell me I am the best!"

"Y-You're the best! The best warrior!" Her mew shook.

I sheathed my claws and smiled. "Thanks! You can go now!"

Breezebird scurried off with a look of fear in her eyes. I nearly burst out with laughter.

I truly am the best!

*

"Shredflash, we're getting closer!" Shred meowed to me as we padded past the leafless and snow filled trees.

I sighed, "I know, Shred."

"Just letting you know!" he mewed back.

I'm happy that I'm having another litter. If I were to die, then my kits would carry on with ending the clans. Sometimes I still wonder why I didn't die when I got attacked by Mistfall and his clanmates.

Maybe because of Shred?

I looked at the eyeless tom. He had that smile on his face, as usual. The eye-holes dark as the night sky. I then looked ahead again as I slowly approached the Ocean Side.

Who would I be facing against this time? Would it be Mistfall? Fang? Featherstar? I padded closer to the snow covered sand. I soon padded onto the Ocean Side as I looked for the cat that was trying to harm my kin.

I saw them.

They were a black-furred cat.

Scarlet stained snow. I thought to myself as I padded towards them.

The cat padded towards me as well. Soon, we were at a short distance from each other, but I could see their face. He was a tom.

"Are you ready to end him, Shredflash?" Shred asked.

I am, Shred. I thought back to him.