|| LEVI || Gravity (AU)

╔═══════《✧》═══════╗

    GRAVITY

Pairing: Levi x Reader

Tags: Angst, Songfic, AU

Description: The feeling of falling out of
love is the worst kind of feeling.

╚═══════《✧》═══════╝

.
.
.

You sat on the chair in the kitchen while staring at the rose gold ring around your finger. How many months have passed since Levi wanted to take your relationship to a higher level, a more committed one? It was after he graduated university with honors.

You love Levi with all your heart. At least, that's what you thought. This past months have been hard for you. Levi often forgets your dates, he went home very late only to leave early in the morning and he rarely tells you how he feels. No, I love you, nothing. You two have been lacking in communication.

You know that, unlike you who is a writer and can work from home, he is busy with his job outside. You know that you have to be understanding.

You closed your eyes and sighed deeply.

~
I used to see stars in your eyes
You know we dreamed of a world so bright
~

[ Flashback #1 ]

"(Y/n), come here." Levi pulled you closer to him as you two laid down on the ground while star gazing. You snuggled to him and let out some giggles.

He was so against it before because he was afraid of getting dirty but he finally agreed to after you pleaded. He wrapped his arms around you and warmed you up.

"You're warm, Levi." You murmured while placing your he on his chest, hearing his heart beating. You loved how it calmed you down.

"How's your new novel progress?" Levi asked while stroking your head. "Good?"

"So far so good and I have my boyfriend here who keeps on supporting me." You placed your hand on Levi's cheek. You deeply stared at his eyes. His eyes is just like the starry sky. You could see bright stars in his eyes.

Levi kissed you then whispered, "Fiancé now."

Slowly, he brought his lips down on yours again. His breath was hot as his kisses trailed down your neck. He moved up to your lips again, his tongue darted out to meet yours.

"Levi..."

"I love you so much, (Y/n)."

"I love you too, Levi."

.
.
.
.
.

~
Now it only seems you make me cry
Why’d you have to lie?
Gave you a million tries
(I forgave you every time)
~

[ Flashback #2 ]

You were trying your best attempt at doing your makeup and dressing up. Levi had promised to take you out for dinner. It's been awhile since you two spent some time together. Last time, he forgot. This time he won't, for sure. He promised. He still has work to do so he  told you to wait for him first. You went to the restaurant first and waited for him.

15 minutes later, he still hasn't arrived yet. Okay, maybe he's going to be late. 30 minutes later, maybe it's the traffic. You were worried if something happened to him or not. So, you texted him and tried to call him but somehow it didn't reach him. You kept waiting until finally the restaurant was about to close.

When you arrived back home, Levi wasn't home yet. You went to sleep alone with a sad heart. He broke his promise again.

The next day, you woke up and found him already sleeping next to you. He looked tired. Maybe, it was really something serious about work. You only sighed heavily before making your coffee.

"(Y/n)?" Levi came out of the room and gave you a quick kiss on the cheek before he went to make his own tea. "Last night Erwin invited everyone to have a dinner in his house."

"Yeah? ....You forgot something though." You mumbled lowly.

"...Forgot?" Levi stopped pouring his tea. "Shit. (Y/n), I'm sorry. I totally-"

"I totally understand, it's only the second time you forgot we supposed to have a dinner date. So, no big deal? Yeah? Sorry, I have to get back to writing." You turned around and walked away with your coffee.

.
.
.
.
.

~
When it’s good I swear I’m floating so high
But then you break me loose
I’m free-falling, can’t breathe
~

You can't lie. Levi made you the happiest woman on earth before. He was not the most affectionate person, but he always tried to show how much he loves you in his way. Nowadays, you don't feel that anymore. The distance between you only grows more.

You are becoming too used to his absence thag it just feels empty. You don't feel sad. Just empty and lost.

You dialed his number and once he picks up, you muttered, "Can you spare a little time for me?"

~
I wish you would save a little breath for me
I can’t breathe, I can’t breathe
When you’re watching me like that
~

That evening, you waited for Levi in the tea shop you two often used to come to. You sat by the window. Around 15 minutes later, Levi arrived with your favorite chocolate box.

"I remembered you love this chocolate." He said as he placed down the chocolate.

You do. You love them. You used to smile brightly when he got that for you. But, now... It makes your heart ache.

"(Y/n), sorry, I have to go now. Sudden call from work." Levi checked his phone. "Order anything and I'll pay for it okay? I'll be back home quite late."

"Levi." You stopped him.

You have tried to understand. Time to time. Again and again. But, this is the time for him to understand.

~
I don’t deserve this shit
Why do I feel like this?
This don’t feel like love no more
~

You slowly took off your engagement ring and placed it on the table.

"No need for that."