chapter two : news.

Saturday flashed by. Next morning Niall found himself throwing up again, sitting in the bathroom with Zayn by his side.
This time Zayn pampered over him a little more, making him stay in bed, making him tea, checking his temperature.

Niall was determined to go to work, even though he felt sick to his stomach and Zayn advised him to stay at home. Still, Niall hoped it was just something bad he had ate.

Monday rolled around. Zayn woke up to the loud alarm, stirring a little and searching for Niall next to him, but once his hand didn't touch anything warm, he opened his eyes, seeing an empty bed.

"Not again." He muttered, rubbing his eyes and slipping out from under the covers, padding over to the bathroom across the hallway.

He saw blond quiff bent over the toilet, trembling and sobbing quietly.

"Oh, Nialler." Zayn sighed softly, once again crouching down next to him, falling ingo the ritual of rubbing blond's back and whispering couraging words.

"I'm tired, of this." Niall sobbed quietly between puking. Everything was aching, he was cold and shaking and gross -

"I think you should go to the doctor." Zayn answered, continuing rubbing his back.
"Shall I make an appointment?"

Niall thought it over. That was most sensible thing to, even though Niall didn't want to miss work - or accept that anything was wrong.

"I'll call the doctors. Feeling a little better?" Zayn asked, wanting out of this bathroom.
"Yeah, I'll be fine." Niall whispered.
Zayn slipped his hands under Niall's armpits, pulling him up to his feet.
Niall washed out his mouth and soon lay on their bed, while Zayn was making calls.

"Nialler, darling. Wake up."
Niall whined a little, feeling somebody shaking him.
"Come on. The doctor, remember?"

Niall sat up, rubbing his eyes and blinking down at the clothes on the bed.
Jeans, socks, Zayn's sweater -

"You're not coming, are you?"  Niall just asked, looking up at his boyfriend, who sadly shook his head.

"I'm sorry, darling, I couldn't get out of work. But I called Louis to take you." Zayn sat down onto the bed, nudging Niall a little to move over.

"I know you're scared, but Lou will be right there with you. And I'm just a phone call away." Zayn smiled, cupping Niall's soft cheek.
Once he received a nod from Niall, he smiled, placing a small kiss on his boyfriend's lips.

"Come on now, get dressed." Zayn patted Niall's thigh and stood up from the bed.

"Y'know you shouldn't kiss me when I'm sick, right?" Niall said with a small smile.

Zayn just returned the smile, "Maybe."

Twenty minutes later and Niall was sitting downstairs on the couch, sipping on some water and watching some morning talk show.

Zayn was getting dressed for work and gathering his things upstairs.

So when the bell rang, Niall was the one to get it.

"Lou." Niall smiled widely at their friend, who grinned, "Someone call for a ride with the prince charming?"

"...Oh, you must be at the wrong place." Niall replied, starting to shut the door to which Louis laughed, "Okay, you dramatic baby, come on, let's get going."

"Right."
Sure, he could do it. The swarm of nervous butterflies fluttering in his stomach wouldn't stop him. Hopefully.

"Zayn, we're leaving!" Niall shouted, shrugging his jacket on and grabbing his keys.