TRICE

CEDRIC'S POV

The sun was glaring brightly glistening each armor. The savage roaring of the crowd filling the arena had been replaced by an eerie silence. The Warriors just stood waiting for hell to break loose. Finally, the announcer spoke with his northern accent breaking the silence. "Welcome, welcome to our game of surprises where prestige and power are given to the victor; whom the council in behalf of the Barbarians give this previlege of authority, power and freedom to trade and vote for slave paroles." Not bad, I thought...I just hope this won't turn out boring. "This game is so simple, aye, aye my dear  warriors." He turned his attention to us almost eagerly. The announcer was huge, bald, his face was scarred and he was armed with an axe on his back. Nevertheless, he looked decent and presentable. Maybe he's an upper class, an axe murderer or something, definitely not a woodchuck, barbarians aren't into chopping woods.As far as I know, they are the most hateful people. According to them, they "love" to kill and hurt people, how ironic. At this point my eyes darted to the girl. This time, her eyes were not covered anymore and as I stare at them, I saw two brown eyes staring back at me burning with rage.  She was not a frail type of girl then. She's a rebel.I thought. But still, rebel or not, doesn't deserve this kind of cruelty.... "You play the villain you hang the kid; you play the hero, you protect the kid." I heard the bald man's voice again which snapped me back to the present issue. He said it quickly and turned his attention to the crowd, "24 warriors standing in front of me but only one shall be declared as a winner."  I looked around and saw Prim smirking. Well, at least someone's enjoying this moment. "Hey Ced, I can see you're all sweaty like a scared kid!Ha don't worry man I'm gonna save the girl and since I'm still your bestfriend here and I'm very kind, I'll be giving you a quick death," Prim yelled and smirked.You have no idea buddy. You have no idea. I shook my head and looked at the warriors. The one beside him was glaring and saying something to him perhaps to silence him. I kept my focus scrutinizing my opponents and coming up with a plan. Sure, I've been in this shit hole many times but everytime is a surprise and what I need now is to win without killing my best friend given the circumstance that only one should win..and of course, to make sure that the girl is unharmed.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NOTE: HA, finally, I was able to update. This is just a very short chapter though and it's still on the making. I know this is kind of cliche or whatever so any constructive criticism is much appreciated.

SPOILER: I'm actually planning to kill all my characters in this chap. and bring them back to life the next chap...nah just kidding XD..

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.