Passion

The picture evidently wasn't enough of an explanation for their families. Zayn was still out on the balcony talking over the phone with her parents. Understandably, their families were still confused but so was the band. They didn't really have any answers to give them.

They had the next day off too and Harry planned on spending it in bed. He felt a little drained after talking to his mum and Gemma and answering all their awkward questions.

Niall's mom had made a comment about an Irish story where a man is turned into a woman by a witch. She couldn't remember the rest of the fairytale sadly, but now Harry had the idea that he was cursed by a witch in his head.

Liam had connected their Xbox to the hotel TV and she and Louis were playing FIFA. His call with their team hadn't been very productive and for now, they were just hoping they would all wake up and this would have been a wild dream. Niall was still locked in the bathroom so Harry curled under the fluffy duvet on the opposite bed.

"Oh, come off it Payno!" Louis groaned as Liam won after knocking her shoulder into the smaller girls'.

"You're just being a sore loser."

"I only ever lose because you cheat!"

"If we're calling that cheating, then you have no room to talk, Lou," Liam laughed.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I never cheat." Louis protested chin held high.

Liam snorted, "Right-" then Louis pushed her off the edge of the bed. "Hey! That was uncalled for!"

Louis smirks and reaches over to tweak her nipple, laughing when the younger girl shrieks.

"Lads, shut up," Harry groaned, jumping when she feels arms slide around her waist, not having heard Zayn come back inside.

"You cranky babes?" the older girl whispers. Her breath hitting the back of Harry's neck.

"No" Harry pouted. She could feel Zayn's smile against her shoulder as the latter tightened her grip on the younger girl.

"What's wrong?"

Harry closed his eyes and leaned back into Zayn's body. "Just home-sick."

"Yeah me too. Talking to mum helped a little bit." Zayn said.

"Yeah. Going out yesterday made me realize how much easier it is to go out and do normal things when you don't have to worry about having a security team or having to leave out the back door... Made me miss being home before all this." Harry whispered, Zayn barely hearing him over the other three cheering after starting up another round.

"Yeah, I really hate how fast our jobs are sometimes. We never have time to try and be normal." Zayn complains. "I think we should ask for a year off to write the next album."

"Yeah" Harry smiled at the idea. "We could go home for a while then go away together, all five of us, and write an album."

Zayn hummed in agreement. "That does sound nice."

They lay in each other's arms like that for a while, drifting in and out of sleep as they listen to their friends pushing each other off the bed.

• • • •

Niall stepped out of the shower and couldn't stop herself from looking at her bare chest in the mirror. Sometimes she'd catch her reflection in something and do a double-take before she remembered herself. She half expected to wake up this morning back as a man again but... no dice.

As Niall wraps her towel around herself and walks out of the bathroom. Harry is turning over on the bed and stretching her arms above her head.

"Good afternoon, sleeping beauty," Niall smiles.