Chapter 1

Katla's POV

Wow do I wish that it was a Friday already. Today is Wednesday, and honestly, the week has been boring! There has been nothing to do except for work at the Grill. I have been working at the grill for a few days, but after the first day here I realized that the town was boring.

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry. I am being rude. I'm Katla Moltke. I have jet black hair that is now up to my mid back. Before it was down to my butt. Yeah talk about awkward.

My brown eyes resemble chocolate, and a lot of people say that they are a very beautiful brown. I just think that they are brown. My skin is kind of tan, and it matches my eyes, and hair perfectly. I'm not a supermodel or anything I am just sayin'.

The one weird thing about me is that every-time I'm mad my lips will get darker, and when I'm sad they will be pale. When I'm in my normal mood then they are their normal color. I kind of darkish pink. A lot of people say that it's freaky, but I think it's cool, and weird. I'm hardly ever mad, so not many people see it.

I get to be very bubbly when I'm in a good mood, but luckily for me it's rare. I would have to have a large amount of sugar in order for that to happen. Otherwise I'm sarcastic, and cocky, just not around the men I like. In other wards bi-polar. I'm not really sure if I have it, I'm only guessing.

"Hey Katla." Matt greeted me when I walked through the front doors of the Grill. Did I forget to mention that I was on my way to work? Nope.

"Hey Mattie. What am I gonna do today?" I asked. If your confused let me explain. Since it's my first week, I get assigned to do stuff around the grill. I don't mind it very much, but when I waitress I see some guys staring at my ass. Let's just say that Imma bitch to them a lot afterwards.

"Well right now waitresses." he replied as people walked in. I already had everything, and so I walked up to them with a kind smile. They looked like rich people, but oh well.

"Hello. I'm Katla. What would you four like to have?" I asked, keeping up with my kind smile. A youngish looking man looked me up, and down but I ignored it.

"You." the man said, with an accent might I add. I just rolled my eyes.

"Sorry already taken." I replied, probably a little to cocky. He chuckled, and raised an eyebrow at me. He has brown eyes like my own, and brown hair as well. He is very good looking, but so not my type.

"You sure about that? I could-"

"Kol that's enough." said another man. I looked to him, and then at everyone else. They were now looking at their menu's.

"I will have a scotch." said a stronger accent, of a male. I nodded, and wrote it down.

"Bourbon." Kol replied, and set the menu down like the blond male did. I wrote that down as well.

"Whiskey, please." the guy that snapped at Kol, had said. I quickly wrote that down, and looked at the blond girl. She was thinking.

"Probably a Bourbon as well." she said. She has an accent as well. It was strong, and sounded full of authority. I nodded, and write it down. Then I walked away before Kol could say anything else. I sighed when I reached Matt. He looked at them, glared for a second, then went back to getting the drinks poured. I noticed that a lot more people, and workers are here now.

Later in the day

Now I was workign as a bartender, and the Kol guy from earlier was trying to chat me up. Honestly, it was highly amusing. He kept trying to get my attention while I served the people. I was trying my hardest not to ,augh at his attempts.