Trial 1

"So...Kaede killed Rantaro?"

That was the question the hung in the trial room. Rantaro Amami, murdered in cold blood, by one of our friends? It was unbelievable. 

And as far as Shuichi could tell, quite boring.

He stood in his spot, presenting evidence, making sure everyone thought Kaede was the one who actually murdered Rantaro. If he were a simple viewer he would have loved every second of it. But no; he was in it, knowing everything to come. He couldn't stand it, he hated standing there and feeling so bored. 

Near the end of the trial, he spoke "Um...If I may..." Everyone turned to Shuichi. 

Tsumugi and Shuichi have gone through the script over a hundred times; "Only speak when you're presenting the evidence." is what she always said, so when Tsumugi looked over at Shuichi, she was a little stunned too. 

"I want to present new evidence... evidence that might change this case." 

Himiko Yumeno, who knew as the Ultimate Magician, tilted her head slightly "Nyeh, new evidence?"

Shuichi reached into his pocket slowly. Wow, he was really doing this Shuichi thought. His heart started racing as he pulled out a picture. The picture showed Rantaro reaching for the camera like the previous one the group had, except this time you could see someone behind him.

That person was Tsumugi Shirogane.

Everyone stared at the picture for a second, then at Tsumugi, who's eyes shot wide with shock.

"H-How did you.." 

Chaos ensues. Everyone is asking questions. 

"How did you get that?!"

"Why did you hide that?!"

"So Kaede didn't murder Rantaro?!"

"Tsumugi murdered Rantaro?!"

Yes. This is what Shuichi wanted. Tsumugi had never anticipated this, so she never wrote it in the script. These were all raw reactions. New reactions. He had to calm himself down before he got too excited.

Kaede stared at the photo shocked "So...it was you...?"

Tsumugi stammered H-Hold on! That photo is fake-photoshopped! Shuichi probably got Kiibo to make it!"

Kiibo stood up straight as all the eyes went to him. "Um...editing pictures is not one of my functions. And, even if it was, Shuichi never came up to me to ask."

Miu interrupted "Oh! I should add that function to you!" She smiled at Kiibo

Tsumugi stepped back. Her head started to spin; this wasn't supposed to happen. Why was this happening? Why was Shuichi doing this?

"How did you even get that picture?! A-And, how did you manage to hide it from everyone?!" She stated 

Kaito interjected "Yeah man, we were all in the warehouse. How did you get it..?" 

"Yeah," Tsumugi claimed "a-and how come you only brought it up now. It would've been a lot easier to bring it out in the beginning than waiting all this time."

Shuichi looked down. Then, in the blink of an eye, he started crying. "I-I'm so sorry...I wanted to so badly-I really did! B-but, Tsumugi found out I had the photo...and she said she'd kill us all if I told you guys..." He sobbed "I-I'm so sorry!" 

Tsumugi scoffed; she was nearly about to punch the guy-but then she remembered her role.

"C'mon guys, I wouldn't do that!"