XV : Part two

3 days later after the party...

After what he said to me, I feel so depressed. Well, as if I've been sad for like 3 years or something. But I do feel that way, and I am indeed too lazy to get ready for class.

"This is a nightmare...I don't wanna go to class today..."

"Hmm? That is strange, you never get THIS lazy before. That's so funny." My roommate, Selena said while brushing her hair.

I sighed. "I guess I don't have a choice...I have several rooms for improvement, I might as well seek knowledge from my seniors."

"Me too, I'm still having trouble at few things except for ambushing, of course. Well, I'll see you later then." Selena waved goodbye and exited the door to proceed to class.

I might as well catch up and get ready for it...

My phone suddenly rang and buzzed off the table.

"Hello, Ms. Lesley. I am one of your classmates, Miya. Our principal gave me your number, requested me to call and guide you for assistance. Do you need any help today?"

I felt very surprised when I heard her voice.

"Good morning. I do not need any help today, and I am just preparing for class. Does Ms. Moon want help soon?" I asked in a serious tone.

"I believe it isn't that urgent, but she did say to visit her office with me sometime, and I think it is decent to visit this day.'

" Okay then. I will meet you at the front of her office then. Goodbye." I pressed the call end and continued to prepare my things for lectures.

After preparing, I immediately ran off my dorm and proceed to the principal's office. I saw familiar faces, Miya and Alucard walking in front of me.

Uh...should I approach her or something? Here goes nothing...

"Hey, Lesley! Oooh, Miya and Alucard are here too. " When I was about to greet Miya, I heard Layla from behind.

I looked from behind and greeted. "Hello, Layla. What is the matter?"

"Nothing much. Just wanted to say hi!" She smiled and winked.

I wish I could be as cheerful as her. Though a part of me doesn't want to, funny.

"Oh, Lesley. We are right on time, the principal just called. Let us move along." Miya said while glaring at Alucard.

"Wow, I can't believe you two are close now! Who would've thought these two marksmen could interact with each other? It's been two years!" Layla said with a high tone.

This is kind of embarrassing...

"Well, I haven't met her in person that much before, but I'd like to get to know her. Anyway, we must go." Miya surprisingly took my hand and walked away.

3 minutes later, She knocked 3 times at the door. "Come in." .....and opened it.

"Good morning, Ms. moon. What is the matter?"

"Hello, you two. I see you are getting along pretty well. I called you here because I have a request..."

I asked, "What request is it? I am pretty busy nowadays."

"I will just get straight to the point. I want you two to lead the school's festival. I am saying this now for you to prepare about 1 month."

(What? Why did she pick me? And why does that make the two of us marksmen?)

She sighed. "As most of our students know, the festival was a bit of disaster last year, since the activities were not enough to impress the people of the Land of dawn. Of course, this opportunity will gain you experience on your forthcoming being. Will you please accept my offer?"

Miya hesitatingly asked, "...What help could we do with this task? Aren't we supposed to study for the approaching exams?"

"To be completely honest, our academy is looking forward to the school's festival right now, and people kept sending me requests to improve it. For now, let us focus on the anniversary rather than the exams."

I said, "Wow, that's the first time I've ever heard someone that some occasion should be prioritized over grades. Could we also gain points for our academic achievement?"

Ms. Moon smiled at me, '"Of course you will. I chose you two to lead this year since we rarely pick students from the Marksman class to lead, and most importantly both of you are one of the top students of the academy."

I looked at Miya, who looked confused. 

"Miya? What do you say?"

"Hmm, If it'll somehow make me gain achievements, then I'd go for it. How about you, Lesley?"

(Is leading this 'festival' could change the way people think of me? Ugh, this is irritating, but I do want to try...)

"Okay, I will accept the task then."

Ms. Moon stood up, "Excellent! I am looking forward to both of you to support each class' activities and work on the preparation of the festival. Do not worry, I and our school's Supreme Student Council will also take a big part in it. I will announce what classes you will be supporting and anything else needed when my schedule is available. I bid you goodbye." Then, she left both of us at the office.

Miya sighed, "Oh well, she must be very enthusiastic since she's been looking forward to this. I'm surprised you agreed to join, are you well?"

"Yes, but I think it will be extremely difficult to catch up with classes while doing this task. Are we excused?" I asked her.

"I do not know about that, but I can ask her. Anyway, we need to hurry before the professor arrives. You're on Class 2-3 right? Our room is near to yours. Let's go." She said while opening the door.

We both rushed through the hallway, but a familiar face appeared.

(...! Oh, now what?)

When we barely reached our destination, I saw Gusion walking through and sipping on his drink with his other things. Miya stopped running.

"Good morning, has your class started yet?" She asked him.

"Fortunately, they think it is canceled because our professor is 15 minutes delayed." He responded with an empty expression.

Miya stuttered, "O-oh. I see, I appreciate your response." again, she began running away.

"....." Gusion stared at me.

(Why is he staring at me now? What's his problem---)

"You look different." He said while staring at me, then left.

(What do you mean different? I never wore heavy makeup and accessories to look different.)

After that, I waited for him to vanish at my sight and proceeded to the classroom.

Comment your thoughts about this part, don't forget to vote if you like it, and follow me if you want updates, requests, and questions regarding this story. Thank you!