21: 5.15.2019

May 15th, 2019, 2:01:46 P.M.

_START RECORDING_

So I don't really have all that much to say this time, except what you were maybe-sorta guessing: my game plan didn't exactly work out like I thought.We did find the Sakura Studios place, mind you, it's just that they wouldn't tell us where Mom was.

There was also this suspicious guy there—the director, everyone called him, but I don't know his name—and he said something about how the audiences would love me. It kind of...shut me down for a second, if that makes sense? Like sometimes people say things that bring you back to a dark place and just make you feel all icky. And the director did that.

Vy talked to me, though, and that helped calm me down a little. We also never would have made it out of there without Lucci, who I'm starting to realize is a really cool guy. I think you'd like him, Grey, even if he is human.

Everyone is tired, I think. Vy and me and even Lucci. It feels like we've been looking for Mom for—well, a super long time. I want to keep thinking that she'll be happy to see me, that she's hoping I'm out there somewhere, but it's looking more and more like maybe she doesn't want to be found.

I just miss you and everyone so much right now. Can you tell Midge I said hi? Or play the tape for her, I don't care. Is she listening? Hi, Midge!

Anyway, I just hope you guys are all okay. And even though I just told you all of that not-the-very-best news, don't worry about me! We'll figure it out.

We always do, right?

_END RECORDING_