Chapter 8| Murder Plot

"I'd rather burn in hell than take a picture of you and actually keep it,'' I say to Drew, who by now is taking a sit at my table.

"I think I told you last night that I don't want you at my table today.''

"And aren't you supposed to be at school?'' I fire him with questions all at once.

With his hands up in surrender, "Woahh, breath Mel, breath.''

"Now to answer your question, aren't you supposed to be at school?'' Drew asks with an arched eyebrow.

I stare at him, thinking of a comeback but sadly find none.

"Okay, I am. So why are you dodging school? It's not like it's the first time but still. Why?'' I am trying to make civil conversation here.

Am in no mood for a heated one-to-one after the one I just had with Mr.Parker back at home.

Drew takes his time to reply but while he's doing that, he's staring at me.

Don't do that. Those brown eyes are not a safe place for anyone to drown into.

"I come here whenever I dodge school,'' he shrugs as if that's a satisfactory reply.

"I think the question goes back to you, coz I've never seen you here if it ain't after school.''

"I don't owe you any explanation. You're not my mum if you haven't noticed,'' I deadpan, rolling my eyes.

He just keeps on staring at me. This time with amusement in his eyes.

Drew's Pov
Since last night, I've been thinking about this blonde girl.

Amelia Parker.

Seeing her at the cafe at this hour caught me off guard. I didn't think I'd speak to her till after school.

Currently we're seated at her table. Of course she's all about giving me a hard time but not like last night.

She rolls her eyes as she tells me how am not her mum. That's Mel for you.

I think she has noticed how am unnecessarily staring at her.

Well, as an artist I tend to observe a lot and that's what am doing right now.

She has really smooth looking skin, quite big eyes and a slender nose. Her Cupid's bow is prominent, accentuating her full pink lips.

An observant person can make out that she's exhausted. She looks like she was run over by a bus on her way here.

I wonder why.

I could budge and try to find out why she's at Pop's, but judging by her appearance, nosey me is the last thing she needs.

So am just going to give her what she needs: somewhat caring me.

"Come on, am taking you somewhere,'' I really don't know where that came from but let's ride I guess.

Amelia's Pov
I look up from my book only to find Drew standing up and holding his hand out for me.

"Am sorry what?'' I just have to clarify.

"I know you heard me, just get up and come with me. Am not gonna kill you if that's what you're worried about.''

"Ha ha. Very funny,'' I retort sarcastically but still close my book and put it in my backpack.

I reach my hand out and place it in his, but quickly retract it when I feel a shock pulse through me.