Chapter 1

Maya
The first thing I saw was six kids staring at me, confused. Three girls, two boys, and then another person.  They were around my age, but each of them looked different.  I looked around and saw a forest and seven little cabins.  The girl that looked like she was the oldest had dark brown skin, electric blue eyes and curly chocolate colored hair. This girl, who appeared to be the oldest, offered me her hand, and then pulled me up.
"I'm Zinnia, welcome to this hell hole," she said this with no hint of enthusiasm, and with slight irritation in her voice.  The boy to her left seemed to be very irritated with her.
"Sorry for my girlfriend, my name is Shay." They took turns introducing themselves. The other boy was Luca, the girls were Liv and Kayla, and finally there was Ry, who apparently was gender-fluid.
"I'm Maya," I said.
Zinnia rolled her eyes and shrugged.  This made me think that she knew who I was even though I didn't know her.
"You all are acting weird, am I supposed to know you?"
"You should know me, however the rest were from different sections of the town. You are the last one to come here! Ever! " she drew out the last words putting quite a bit of emphasis on it. "We got a note that said that you were meant to come yesterday, and I found my bracelet then," Zinnia answered holding up her arm to show a bracelet with two silver eye charms attached with a small silver string, "now we have two weeks to be able to find all our power charms otherwise we die, so let's go newbie." Zinia, Liv, and Ry pulled me up and we went to the biggest cabin, even though it was still decent sized. It was only the size of a normal kitchen.  The cabin had eyes that matched Zinnia's bracelet charm on the door, marking her territory.  We walked inside. I needed a little help, so I leaned on Liv so that I could stand properly.  Zinnia and Kayla were at the front of the group mumbling to each other and frantically moving their hands.  I figured I should start a conversation with Liv because I could tell Zinnia didn't like me, and I would need friends.
"How long has everyone been here," I asked.
"I got here last month. Zinnia has been here for seven months, I believe."
"Quit the mumbling," Zinna grumbled, "we all can hear you."
All of us went inside so that we would not be heard by anyone who happened to be in the forest, and everything else around us.
"Ok, when I got to the bracelet, it was wrapped in paper and the only reason that I knew it was mine was because I felt my powers. The paper was a letter, and now we need to open it for what I think is the next clue. Anything I didn't answer?" Zinnia inquired as we all sat on one of the chairs or other surfaces in her cabin.
"Have we found out our powers at all?" Kayla asked slowly.
  "No..." Zinnia paused for a second and then her eyes lit up.  "Only two will pass through, hard as rock and soft as dough, find the answer and follow the light." Her head snapped down after the last line and her eyes rolled to the back of her head.
"Ok, that's a fun note," Kalya mumbled, getting the clue from her friend's hand. "The note says almost exactly what she did except one extra clue; M and Z will find warm and cold meet."
Everyone's eyes widened as she said the last line on the page.  "Well, that's me and Miss Grouch over there," I said out loud. 
Kayla glared daggers at me "she's also from the mind realm so her powers are mind control ."  "I'm finding my charm next and where I belong."  "After she heals she'll be out cold a few days minimum till I find my powers." Shay but in, "we all know I was meant to find mine first in a hospital."
"Ok I'll come" Luca said calmly "we need to go to the closest hospital."
"Two miles north and four miles east is when you will find the charm." I answered everyone looked at me when I didn't pass out from saying anything about the location of the charm.
"Well that's a start" Shay said after he was done questioning my abilities, "we know that I have to go soon or we will be dead sooner so we leave in the morning." As he said this three men dropped down from the sky outside this cabin.  They all l wore black shirts, pants, and boots with a green and white pin on the left sleeve that said CAIN. They all walked towards us with the taller guy in that front with the two others falling in behind. 
"Who are they?" I asked Kayla
" I don't know we've never seen them before now they might be from the capital which is where all the ships are from." She responded cautiously.  Shay was looking at the men approaching us and went outside with Liv and Ry. Kayla, Luca,, and I all looked between us and went outside following behind the others.
"Well now that you're all out here we would like to tell you the news I'm Bry Sandhood head of this finding of your charms and jewels so we can tell everything that is happening. Anything that has remained unsaid that you would like to know?" The man said looking at each of us in turn.
"I have one, what's the news that you said you have for us?" Liv asked.
"That, right, so as you all know you have been here for different amounts of time and have to get the charms so that you can live and save your realms from ultimate demise." He said as if it was normal.
"That is not normal." Luca stated bluntly looking at Bry suspiciously.
"No sadly it is not and you will all perish if you can't find the gems clues will be at each gem for the next one to find." Bry talked extremely quickly so it was hard to understand what he said. 
"Ok so we can either help our realms which most of us don't understand or perish sounds fair." I said adding sarcasm into my words to get my point across.
"Maya not now ok, sir thank you we will talk once we get back in the house thank you." Shay said, staring at the three men.
"Thank you for the consideration that, Shay,  find yours next." The man to the left of Bry said.
"We have already decided that and we would like you to leave as soon as we finish talking, haven't we?" Shay said.
"Yep so move it people." Luca added sarcastically. 
The men left soon after and we went back to Zinnia's cabin.
"That was weird, we've never had people come here for information sakes." Ry said it was the first time they had said anything since I got here.