° twenty four °

"I can't do this"

"I can't do this"

As soon as those four words hit his eardrums, Taehyung threw himself off of the smaller. He stood up and backed away as if the other carried a serious disease he could contract at that second.

"I am so sorry!", Taehyung apologized, helping Jimin stand from the floor. "I didn't mean to... I mean... I know you're with Jungkook and...", he choked up and had his eyes frantically scan around the room, avoiding all possible eye contact. He held so much shame he doesn't know how to handle. He couldn't believe he read the situation wrong and almost harassed his friend.

"Tae, i-it's okay", Jimin stuttered feeling flustered and watched his friend crumble into pieces.

"I can - uh - take you home...", Taehyung fumbled as he resumed to observe his room in search for his keys. "Just-just let me find my keys and I'll...", he paused, moving from his spot to eagerly find his car keys in order to drive his friend home. He felt awful and straight up dumb, and just wanted to be alone.

"Tae, it's okay", Jimin muttered and stepped over to his friend, who seemed to be on the verge of tears which he had a feeling he was.

He went over and grabbed a hold of his shoulder, forcefully turning the taller around to pull him into a hug. He knows this is what Taehyung needs and would hate for him to bash himself for what happened. He embraced him in a tight hug and rested his head on his chest. He could hear the younger's heart beat at an unhealthy rate and rubbed reassuring circles around his back.

"It's okay, you can breathe", Jimin mumbled against the warm chest. "I'm not upset or anything"

Taehyung felt fresh tears well up in his eyes and attempted to blink them away only for them to fall, exposing himself. He sniffled, covering his face, hating the fact that he is so sensitive. He cried over every little thing and it made him feel so fragile. It was something he was made fun of for and something he couldn't control easily.

"I'm s-sorry for harassing you and making you u-uncomfortable"

Jimin immediately tore his head from the chest and stared up at his friend astonished at what he heard. He blinked in bewilderment at the word used to describe the situation and went to give the boy a soft slap on the arm.

"Harass? You didn't harass me nor made me feel uncomfortable!", Jimin stated passionately and reached up to move Taehyung's hand from his face. He frowned at the streams of tears and used the cuffs of his hoodie to wipe the younger's damp face.

"It's okay, I understand that what happened was... was a misunderstanding, okay?", Jimin cooed, swiping the Taehyung's hair out his face, making sure to comfort him. He knew the boy would come up with absurd ideas about what happened.