° seventeen °

° few months later

° few months later

The employee wiped down the countertop of his workspace as he waited for the time to pass by. He kept checking his watch back to back to check when 9 o'clock was coming. Jimin was tempted to close up early again, except this time — for the first time in forever — costumers decided to show up late at night, keeping the boy there until he's actually permitted to head home.

Jimin tended to the last few costumers that were inside and grew tired by the minute. His body was aching incredibly from the midnight beating he received yesterday. As usual, an issue occurred yesterday night. Jimin got came home late without Jungkook's permission and lets just say he didn't appreciate that at all.

He grew skeptical of Jimin's whereabouts as the boy lied straight through his teeth. Jimin can't exactly tell his boyfriend that he's been hanging out with the one boy he doesn't approve of. If he did then he probably wouldn't be standing here right now, instead he would be six feet under.

When Jimin got done with the few costumers and time has flew by, it was finally time to close up. He cleaned a bit more before turning the sign to make it known that the shop is now closed. He gathered himself and headed out the shop, locking it securely behind him.

He swooped back his growing cherry-red hair that showed his natural black roots, indicating that he needs a touch up. The student reached down, grabbing a hold of his skateboard and took off down the sidewalk. He didn't take the route home and instead took the route to Taehyung's house.

Jimin held a bag tightly close to him as he made his way over to his best friend's apartment. He couldn't wait to see his friend's reaction when he shows up to his house. He could already anticipate the expression Taehyung will make when he presents him his gift.

When the cherry head made it to Taehyung's place, he hopped of his skateboard and jogged over eagerly to his front door. He knocked on the door with excitement (a little too much excitement) and waited for the brunette to open the door.

After a good 3 minutes the door finally swung open, revealing a shaggy haired Taehyung.

"Jiminie?", Taehyung spoke in between the doorframe, staring down at the smaller with tired, dulled eyes, looking very much unlike himself. "What're you doing here?", he asked as Jimin stood outside patiently.

"Why else would I be here dummy?", Jimin asked and shot his bruised arms up in the air. "Happy birthday, best friend!", Jimin shouted childishly, which caused the younger to blink in surprise.