Chapter 37

Samantha's POV

As I sat on a simple chair, I had my head hung low the entire time while the man named, I presumed was Quackity, went outside. Hence, leaving me alone with the only one who seemed familiar to me- Schlatt. My head was throbbing the entire time, in which only got worse when I once stepped outside.

Standing outside, I clutched tightly on to the only piece of clothing that provided my body warmth. I wasn't suppose to be here outside. I was first ordered to stay put somewhere inside a building, if it wasn't for the noises that sparked the curiousity inside me. And so, I now stand a few feet behind the tall man with Intimidating horns. He was the one I first opened my eyes to, and the only name I knew.

I watched as he talked with another, who I do not know of. He was exhausted and panting heavily with his hands to his knees. And the vibrant blue jacket that hugged him around his chest was not of help at all. Until, the last thing I saw of the unfamiliar man was now replaced with an eye-catching green color. My eyes widened as I witnessed the tired man now slumped on the ground..and I wish I was kidding when I swore I heard a crack.

Looking back at Schlatt, my breathing hitched as I see a masked man holding up his blade towards Schlatt's throat. I grew Anxious of the scene before me, despite him seemingly not noticing me by the corner. The unknown man with a painted on mask put all of his attention down to Schlatt, and he was Angered. I could here the loudness of emotions in his voice. All of a sudden, he harshly grabbed Schlatt. A gasp escaped my lips with my feet immediately stepping back.

" ...If you want to live another day and witness the blue sky, you better know your place. "

I halt to a stop and turned to my left, I noticed a stone sword leaning on a tree just beside me. I glanced back at Schlatt and watched as he was being strangled by the man. I removed one of my hands that held on to my coat that was slung around my shoulders and picked up the sword by its handle. Although it wasn't easy, I almost fell along with the sword for it was heavy.

" Oh, how I wish I was lying. " Schlatt spoke with sarcasm lacing his tone along a chuckle. I looked back and he was now thrown to the ground. He was completely empty handed, but for a second, I saw his head move which locked our eyes together for merely a second. The last thing I knew of was I had let my legs move on its own, now standing just beside the anonymous person with my stone sword underneath his axe.

My arms were shaking due to the man's heavy weapon, I knew I wouldn't be able to hold it for much longer as I was weak but I kept it for as long as I can. Something urges my body when I thought of Protecting, it gave me strength even if I felt like giving up. Fortunately, it didn't last long when I felt the pressure being lifted. Relief washed over my body like the sun's shine that looked down at us from above, touching my face with a warm embrace. I slowly moved my eyes, suddenly being surprised by the guy who was already looking at me.

I took a deep breath and said, " Lower your weapon. " But he didn't respond. I stared at him for longer, trying to find the reason to why he was suddenly silent. Until I didn't notice how I was scanning every inch of his features- He had a dirty blonde hair that was peaking through the hood on his head, he had a fairly tall height and a well-built shape. And his eyes, I could barely see but I saw was a mesmerizing color of green and looked at me as if...he knew me.

" Sam? " His voice sounded surprise yet hid a touch of sadness. I frowned with my eyes trailing down to his hands with the axe.