*•.¸♡ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ♡¸.•*

chapter six: cliche is cute

-----

Mickey Halore was definitely one for flare and dramatics. she tended to work herself up and go above and beyond in everything she did. That's probably why, when she realized that she had big fat crush on Ophelia Tornado she immeadilty started planning ways to ask her out. But Mickey's life was more complicated than others in the small town and so that's why Mickey had waited til today, the day of the christmas eve party for both of the town sides.

Ophelia was getting ready for the Christmas part when she heard a ding on her phone and she rushed over to see a text from Mickey saying they need to talk. If they had been dating Ophelia would've thought it was a breakup but since they weren't Ophelia decided to brainstorm and dream of ideas of what her friend could be up to.

Mickey sighed and got her stuff for the party. She was dressed in a bright red dress with snowflakes at the bottom, some green heels, and dangly Christmas tree earrings. Ophelia got her outfit on and headed out. She ended up wearing  a red sweater and a chrisms skirt with some black converse. 

Ophelia arrived at the spot first and Mickey was only a few minutes behind as she lived a little farther away and ophelia had her car. Mickey ignored her nervous thoughts and decided it was best if she just went out and said it.

"Sunshine, Ive got something to tell you" Mickey said it softly a nervous tone lacing each word and  venomously poisoning Ophelia with nervous thoughts.

"You aren't dying right? or moving?" Ophelia got the words out quickly and giggled a little in relief when Mickey shook her head.

"Ophie, I-I-I've got non-friendly feelings toward you and i wanted to let you know because i couldn't handle being on my own keeping this from you. I love you so much. You are honestly the greatest person in this world and the only one who can put a sunshine smile on everyone's faces even if Kennedy and Fernando go way too far. And anyone would be honored to date you, especially me. So I guess what I'm trying to say is would you want to maybe go to the party with me as a date?" Mickey spoke quickly and tried not to sound or seem to nervous about potentially ruining the greatest friendship she's ever had.

"Mick-" Ophelia started but couldn't find the words to say yes, so she answered her even more directly than words and cupped the girl in front of her's cheeks and leaned in to plant a soft kiss on her lips. "Does that answer your question?"

Mickey giggled and nodded her head yes. It might be a little cliche but at least cliche is cute and it gets you a date to the Christmas Eve party.

----

a/n: this book is almost over and I'm not mentally prepared for that