I

Baby baby, don't you ever let go
More and more until we both overflow
Got a feeling that my heart's never known
_______

Onika stood in her new home in complete awe. It was a few weeks before Christmas, and she was excited. She was putting the finishing touches on decorations in the spacious living area. A bright smile graced her face. She and her fiancée Robyn planned to be married by the New Year. Everything was going according to plan. The only issue she had is she was still in the streets. Robyn was supposed to be wrapping things up soon so they could start a family.

She kept her fingers crossed on that whole situation. Onika was a Criminal Defense Attorney. She was the best at her job, and the best in Atlanta. As she stood in the center of the living area, a cold wind blew by her. It gave her chills like never before. Nervously, she looked around because it felt like someone was there. Onika shook the insane feelings and thoughts away.

"Baby!" Robyn yelled.

"I'm down here!" Onika yelled back.

Robyn jogged down the stairs in all black sweats along with her very own Fenty Puma platform boot. Like always, she smelled and looked good. Once Robyn was right in front of Nicki, she pulled her close. When she touched her, the lights flickered.

 When she touched her, the lights flickered

"The hell?" Robyn looked around.

"Maybe it's just a power surge," Onika shrugged.

Honestly, she wasn't so sure what the hell was going on. Deep down, she felt like there was something in the house or, better yet, someone. Her eyes made their way back to her fiancée's.

"Where are you going? You changed clothes, I see," Onika said as she rested her hands on Robyn's chest.

"I got some business to handle. I'll probably be late, so don't wait up for me." She pecked her lips.

Onika's pretty face marred into a deep scowl. This was the shit she hated. These days, Robyn barely spent time with her. All she wanted was one night. Since they had moved into the beautiful new home, Onika had seen lesser of her. Robyn could tell she was pissed.

"You've had business to handle since we moved into this fucking house! When do I get a night, Rih? Was buying this house a way to keep me quiet or something? It's the fucking holidays, and you're more concerned with shit out there than me or us."

"That's not true, baby. I'm just trying to make sure we're perfect. I'll be legit by the time 2021 is here. What I'm doing is going to have us set up real nice. Just bare with me, Nicki. You know I love you."