《 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵 》

Tewkesbury's pov

Her eyes widened. She looked at me and then looked away. She was thinking about it, I knew she was. Her eyebrows furrowed which meant she was thinking about it.

"Why?" [Y/N] asked. I couldn't quite understand what she was feeling. She seemed scared but happy, anxious but relieved.

"You're right, we're not happy here. If we leave, we will be much happier. We don't have much to lose. The only thing we would give up is our titles, but it's not like you want them." I explained my reasoning. I was willing to throw everything away for her. To make her happy. To be happy with her.

"I- our parents will be furious!" She responded. "This is mad." She added.

"I promise you, we'll both be happy. Trust me." I said interlacing her hand into mine. I'd do anything for her.

"I-" She hesitated. She took a deep breath before answering. "Fine. I'll run away with you." She said with a small smile on her face. "We cannot tell a single soul." I nodded in response.

"What made you want to run away?" She asked me.

"I- I realized I was unhappy."

"I know you are silly, but what about?" She asked.

"You'll laugh at me." I looked down in shame. I was supposed to be a "man." My reason was dumb, but it was important to me.

"Why would I laugh? You're being open and honest about it. So, it matters to you." She rubbed the back of my hand. I looked at interlaced hands. I loved how hers perfectly fits into mine.

"As you know, I have these ideas. I'm about to take my seat at the House of the Lords," I said.

"Right,"

"Well, when the tree was about to hit us, my life flashed. Then with my family planning to send me overseas, it got to me. I realized I was scared, scared that I would hate every second of it, for the rest of my life. I don't want to be alone, nor do I want you to be trapped in a life we didn't sign up for." I explained. When I'm with [Y/N], I can tell her almost anything and everything.

"To me, that seems sensible. We're both in the same boat. We just have to hope the boat doesn't sink." She smiled sadly at me."But enough about this sad sappy stuff."

She's amazing. Everything about her makes my heart stop. I didn't realize I was staring at her until she spoke up.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked. I didn't even realize she let go of my hand.

"Looking at you like what?" I asked.

"I don't know how to describe it, but like the face you just did." She tried to explain.

"I didn't look at you in any way." I lied. She's catching on and I can't let her know.

"How are we going to plan this?" She asked, changing the subject.

"I started planning two days ago," I said standing up from the bed. I grabbed her hand and we left the house.

~~~

[Y/N]'s pov

Tewkesbury took us outside and to his treehouse. He said he had started planning and I wanted to see what he had done so far. He had a bunch of maps hiding in place and different books hidden with the maps.

"Well, I was thinking we could head to London." He turned to me.

"London doesn't seem bad, at all." I agreed with his idea. But how would we get there?" I questioned.

"I was thinking we will go to the train station near here, and I get into this bag," he pulled out a bag. "I ask a guy to help me get into a compartment-"

"I think we should just buy a ticket there and leave. I think your idea is risky, but you could do that. I'd probably get claustrophobic. Anyways, continuing." Tewkesbury remained quiet though.

"Is that all you have planned?" I looked at him. He remained quiet. "So, this is what you've done with planning?" I crossed my hands.

"Well, I didn't know if you wanted to come with me, so that's why I didn't plan far ahead. I didn't want to leave if you didn't want to go either."

The last part made me feel something in my heart. I ignored it though and nodded.

"Okay. Well, I think we should leave them astray. Once they realized we left, they will search everywhere. I think London is the best place but we have to point them in the wrong direction. Do you have any maps?" I asked Tewkesbury. He brought up many maps.

"Right, the train is at Kidderminster Town Railway Station which would leave us to Old Royal Naval College, or somewhere near there," I said pointing to the map. "So, undoubtedly, they would try and look after us. Where do you want to go in London?" I asked.

"Anywhere you chose," He looked at me.

"I'll be happy with anything as long as I am far away from here."

"Well," Tewkesbury said, looking for a book. He started opening it where his flower pressings were, "I was thinking somewhere near Covent Garden Market."

"That seems like a brilliant plan," I smiled at him. I grabbed the book he was looking through.

He brought another book. The title of this book had, A Laborers Life London's Dock.

"I think leading them astray would help," He said, handing me the other book. I looked at it and began to skim through it.

***

"Limehouse Dock. That's far away from Covent Garden Market, but not too far away." I said, closing the book.

"I was also thinking we should lead them to Limehouse Lane," he said, marking down the map. It was smart. Marking it down to leave them astray.

"That's brilliant, but we should leave these out. Trust me, they will search everywhere. They don't know where we're going. But leave the book, with the flower pressings, somewhere hidden. That way, they can't find out where we are." I said.

"What about money?" I asked Tewkesbury.

"I have a lot of spare money stashed away in my room," Tewkesbury told me.

"I think we should have a disguise, that way we can't be recognized," I suggested. Tewkesbury didn't seem very accepting of the suggestion though.

"What kind of disguise?" He asked.

~~~

We headed to where the gardener's clothing was. It was near the kitchen and there were many uniforms.

"I think this is the best, they won't be able to tell due to clothing," I acknowledged.

"I don't-"

"You don't have to wear them, I'll just wear them. Besides you're going in the bag so it's not a big deal. I just need the disguise, although I highly suggest it."

"Yeah, no." He shakes his head.

"Whatever suits you." I shrugged, "Anyways, when are we leaving?"

"Does two days from now sound good?" He asked.

"I think that works. The plan leads them astray. Especially since it's rushed, they won't know where we are going."

I started to walk away with my clothing. I stopped before I left and looked at him. "Thank you," I smiled at him and he smiled back.