Chapter 13

Guilt

"Sorry, wrong song,"

Jun apologised, holding onto the other mic. He was about to change the song to the ballad Eun Ae had chosen when she let go of her mic, causing it to land on the floor as it rolled off slowly. A painful and deafening screech reverberated throughout the café, causing people to cover their ears.
Eun Ae immediately stood up and ran out of the café, leaving her guitar on the stool. Jin's eyes widened as he watched Eun Ae run out of the café, turning around to chase after her. Jun, shocked, walked up to the stool and picked up the guitar before saying,

"Sorry for the commotion. There seems to be an issue. Now, let's welcome the next performer!"

With that, the customers applauded as Jun flashed them a sweet smile and ran out of the café with the guitar. Both brothers stood outside the café looking around for her worriedly. Jin felt weirdly worried considering how they were only neighbours.

"Where did she go? The sky is already dark! What happens if she gets lost in the dark?"

Jin exclaimed, his heart racing as he searched around the café in a panic. He didn't know she would panic so badly. If he had known, he would not have asked her to go and perform at the café. Crouching on the floor, he yelled,

"I shouldn't have done the things I did! All I wanted to do was tease her! I didn't know she would be so scared!"

Guilt washed over him like a wave as he continued to search for Eun Ae, his thoughts swirling in his mind like a hurricane. He was close to tears as he continued to search for Eun Ae. He didn't know why he was so worried but he was.
However, soon, both the brothers had met up again, both unable to find Eun Ae. Jin looked so pale as if he was about to burst into tears. Seeing how upset Jin was, Jun gave him a forced smile and patted him on the back. 

"It's ok. You tried your best,"

Jun comforted but Jin just shook his head.

"You don't understand. This all happened because I wanted to tease her! I was planning on telling her today that I was the guy at the swimming pool who she sang in front of! But I didn't know she would panic that badly today!"

Jin yelled, collapsing on the ground, putting his hands on his hair and pulling it. His heart so much for some reason. He felt bad.