Four Out of Nine

"What the fuck is this?" Hidan, one of the Akatski members in pursuit of Yugito Nii, stopped running when seeing three ninja with different colored chakra standing together against them. One a bright green, another a black and blue, and the last one had a clear blue color.

"It appears we were misinformed," Kakuzu observed in a disgruntled tone.

"Huh? I didn't think you'd get scared so easily?"

"I merely wish to be paid extra for the extra effort."

The three jinchuuriki looked at each other before Fu nodded, silently relaying the message that she would be the first to attack. Running through hand signs at a fast speed, Fu extended her arms out and created a powerful gust of air, howling as it closed in on the two Akatsuki members who did not even try to dodge.

The wind pushed against their bodies but neither budged and while Hidan smirked smugly, Kakuzu spotted something in the wind.

"Ah, I see."

Fu pulled out a kunai and threw it with a flick of her wrist as the tag on it ignited. This was a new combination jutsu she had come up with. By releasing particles of her Powder Technique along with a weak gust of wind, the particles would spread across the enemy. The thing about those particles was that they are highly flammable.

She smirked as the explosive kunai went off and a vortex of fire shot up around the two Akatsuki members.

"Don't let your guard down," Utakata spoke up when seeing the kunoichi relax her stance slightly. Ignoring the glare sent his way he turned to the other jinchuuriki, "Could you tell us your chakra nature?"

"Fire," Yugito responded curtly. "Who are those guys anyway?"

"Akatsuki," Fu answered, "They're a group of powerful ninja trying to capture all of us jinchuuriki."

"I see."

"Hey! I hope you didn't think that was enough to stop us!" Hidan called out with a smirk as the vortex faded away. His clothes burned in several places and a few scorch marks on his face, the Akatsuki member didn't seem to care as he took his scythe with both hands.

"Our best option is to run," Utakata spoke in a harsh whisper.

"I know. We'll create a big diversion when the time is right," Fu decided before taking air so that she had a clearer view of the enemies as well as their surroundings.

Yugito took her example and stepped forward in a fighting stance.

"Let's not be too hasty. We'll focus on counterattacking and-"

Utakata started but was interrupted by a miffed Yugio, "Is he always such a pain?"

"Yeah. He's always scolding me about the smallest things and he won't stop talking like a spoiled brat with a stick up his ass," Fu grinned.

Utakata sighed and pulled out his pipe. This fight would be tough but he had a feeling that if they pulled it off, this would be no match for the two jinchuuriki already getting on his nerves.

"Let's go already!" Hidan exclaimed as he ran at Yugito and swung his scythe in a wide arc.

Yugito met the blades with her claws, drawing sparks, while Fu dove down on Hidan with her right fist cocked back. At the same time Kakuzu shot a large fireball at the descending jinchuuriki but it was stopped by a large bubble that appeared protectively around her whole body. The bubble took the attack before popping as Fu delivered a punch to Hidan's face, making him grunt in pain before being sent flying back and crashing on a wall.