Toad Vs Snake

They faced each other with different expressions. Orochimaru had a smirk on his face while Naruto appeared to be highly apprehensive, with good reason too since he was facing a legendary ninja. Not only that but – although very one-sided – they had fought before. Back then he hadn't landed a single hit on Orochimaru despite using every bit of his power.

Naruto's eyes hardened, hands clenching into fists as he quickly used a hand sign, "Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

Two clones appeared at his side and quickly charged in at the enemy who only smirked in response before placing both hands on the ground. Both clones were taken by surprise as snakes erupted from the ground in front of them, but they managed to avoid being hit at the last second by jumping over them. No sooner than their feet touched the ground, snakes emerged from under them and wrapped around their ankles before another set of snakes shot at them and bit down on their necks.

"Please tell me you have different tactics now," Orochimaru smirked as he watched the two clones disappear in clouds of smoke.

Naruto grit his teeth as he ran through hand signs, "Wind Style: Devastation!"

A powerful gust of wind shot out of the ninja's mouth, blowing away the snakes in the area before crashing against Orochimaru to no effect. The legendary ninja simply smirked at the attack, treating it like a simple breeze, before his head sprouted form his neck and large fangs appeared on his mouth. His head shot towards Naruto at such an incredible speed that he barely managed to dodge the attack by jumping to the nearest wall. The snake sannin was not done yet as his head followed after the blond ninja.

Naruto ran on the walls, floor, and ceiling in an effort to dodge the creepy face following after him. He leapt away one more time but Orochimaru followed once again, though this time he didn't run. Instead he placed a hand to his mouth and let out a powerful gust of air that took the legendary ninja by surprise and knocked him against one of the walls. His neck went back to its original size as he dusted off his clothes and smirked.

"Hiding your jutsu's actual power in order to catch me off-guard... I have to say you're a lot more devious than before," Orochimaru chuckled, "But don't think I'll fall for that again."

Naruto dropped down to the floor. "I know better than to take you lightly," he responded with a glare, "Clone or not."

Orochimaru chuckled at that, "So you noticed that it's not my real body. Very good Naruto. I can see now why Sasuke lost to you."

He didn't say anything in response, only prepared for what was to come.

"We should be okay as long as we keep going in this direction," Neji announced to Lee who was following after him.

Both were running through the forest, keeping on the ground as to not draw too much attention to themselves. As it turned out, going to the base proved to be the safest choice since the waves of Sound ninja were looking for them in the forest. Only a few were on the entrance of the base but they wouldn't be too much trouble.

He had decided on regrouping and drawing a decision from there. Naruto and Kiba hopefully had freed the prisoners, if not then another problem would add on to their current ones.

"Let's go a bit faster Lee, we're almost there!"

"Got it," Lee answered as the two increased their speed.