Ch 41: Overlooked love

Y/N

''Thank you so much for helping me with the storyboard! I know I was supposed to send it to you this morning, but I just had a lot on my mind.'' Seeing Liya avert her gaze to her lap made me worry. 

I know I'm just her editor, but working with her like this made her feel like a friend to me. 

''I already fixed the schedule so don't worry about it. I'm glad we got to finish it today'' I smiled slightly rubbing her back. 

Looking at the sketches on the table in front of us made me wonder about the story. Liya her stories are mostly romance manhwas. To be honest, I have read a couple of her old stories and they are outstanding, but this story seems different than the others. Even looking at the sketches now makes me feel sad. 

So the main characters are going to break up...

''You see....'' she finally looked up at me but seeing those teary eyes alarmed me. 

''We broke up....3 days ago. That's why I wasn't able to work on the story...I was jus-''

''It's okay'' Not knowing what to properly say or do I pulled her into an embrace. 

It's the first time I'm dealing with this! I have no idea how to comfort people. 

''I really thought he was the one for me'' She began to sob loudly while I could feel her clench my sweater tightly. 

Seeing her like this.....hearing her like this. Breaks me...

--------------------------------------

''Ah I'm sorry for crying like that'' I handed her a cup of warm tea before seating down next to her on the couch. 

''Don't apologize for that!'' I scolded before lightly hugging her side. 

Perhaps the main characters in this new story are based on her own relationship? Is that why they are breaking up in the story?

''He and I.......have been together for almost 4 years now.'' 

Wait....for real?

''I really thought he was the one for me. I thought this is the man I'm going to marry, but then....'' She swallowed the lump in her throat holding herself back from crying again. 

''I saw him...with another girl at his house. I thought...maybe I got things wrong. Even though what I saw....that he wasn't dressed, perhaps there is a good reason for it. Instead of giving me an excuse, he told me he didn't love me anymore. That he felt stuck in our relationship and didn't want to move forward with me anymore. He broke up with me.'' Once again I found myself rubbing her back as a sign of comfort. 

Any relationship can break....even the ones that have stand together for years. Knowing that fact scares me. 

''The worst thing of all is the fact that he didn't cheat with just anyone. She was his friend back from highschool. They always remained close but I always told myself that Hyuntae loved me. That there would be no way he would cheat on me. I was so wrong......''

''I'm sorry for what happened. I really don't know what to say, but...I want you to know that it's going to be okay. That he cheated on you after spending so many precious years with you is his loss. He just doesn't see your worth and I'm sure one day.....you'll find someone who will. Someone who will put you first no matter what.'' 

''Thanks....'' She slightly chuckled at my awkward way of making her feel better, and thankfully it worked. 

------------------------------------------------