What I learned from helping Santa!

As you may or may not know, this year has seen the rise and spread of a Novel Coronavirus pandemic; COVID-19, to be precise.

Due to this, the extra precautions Santa and the team are making mean they couldn't visit every house in one night, as they usually would, since it slowed them down. Ever resouceful, though, they called on thousands, maybe billions, of people worldwide to help them out by delivering the presents for their household-and, to my great surprise, I was one of them!

Honoured as I was, of course, I was worried I wouldn't be up to the task. As my mum kindly reminded me, though, I was only helping -I didn't have to be Santa! Relived by the reminder I didn't have to be perfect, I set about my task, tiptoeing downstairs with the sack of  presents magically delivered 3 weeks prior.

Whilst the sack of presents magically began to fill the stockings appropriatley, I remembered that helping Santa doesn't just mean delivering presents. It also means doing everything you can to make people happy; as such,I neatened our Sofa, tidied the lounge, and prepared some food for Christmas day. Hopefully I did a good job, considering I can't use magic to do such things!

That done, I gently turned off the Christmas tree lights and padded softly back up the stairs to my bedroom. As I settled down to sleep, I think I heard some sleigh bells jingling...

                                                   ~Authour's Note~

This is just a relaxed piece I did for fun :) Feel welcome to share your stories of helping Santa in the comments :)  

I hope you enjoy your holidays, thank you for reading, and here's to making a better 2021 together!