Chapter 8: Dead of the Night

Razer's POV

Not every hero starts out good.

In fact, anybody who says that anybody who is evil can't become a hero, is a complete nimrod.

In fact, I pity those people because they have a narrow mind frame.

Take me for an example. I lived a troubled childhood. My parents abandoned me when I was a baby, making me an orphan. Everyday people would beat me up just for the kicks.

School was no better, the teachers mocked me because of my grades, and nobody let me sit near them at lunch as if I had a deadly disease.

They said I was a filthy piece of trash. They made me give my food to them...

I was too scared to do anything, they had threatened if I reported anything, they would kill me.

So... there was nothing I could do.

Or at least, that's what I thought.

When I turned 15, I had my first encounter with a zombie. I could of tried to fight, but I had no weapon and I was too scared to.

all I managed to say was "don't kill me."

And then, something miraculously happened.

The zombie stopped attacking me and left.

I didn't understand at first! It was as if, the zombie had a brain all of a sudden!

A few weeks later, while I was questioning about what had happened, I heard screams from the alley.

I ran over to see a horde of zombies about to attack the one particular gang that had always beaten me up.

I could of just left them to die from the zombies. I could have let that be my revenge.

But I didn't.

I walked behind the zombies, who turned around to look at me. And taking a deep breath, I commanded them to leave the bullies alone.

The zombies obeyed, as if I had some power over them.

All of a sudden, I had a group of friends. The kids who bullied me, suddenly acted as if I was a hero. They praised my ability to stop the undead... we learned that I could only command the undead, but was sure that I could master more of the mobs later.

I hate to admit that this praise got to the top of my head.

One day, I decided to see why I could control the Undead and I soon found out that I was related to Herobrine, the Undead King. And since I possessed some of his powers, I was the Undead Prince.

Yeah, let's ignore my father and all those other people ahead of me.

When I told my friends this, they were astonished, and the story soon spread.

After that was announced, everyone was respectful of me, and they basically worshipped me.

I wanted to protect them as a sign of thanks. So every night, I left to train and master my abilities.

At first, when I started, I felt no difference.

Later, I began to feel more irritated, however, I dismissed that as just being exhausted.

A few months later, I became more aggressive, snapping at people for the slightest things.

When I turned sixteen, I denounced my name and changed it to Razer, which meant destroyer.

Suddenly, I had gone on a rampage, and the people who worshipped me now feared me.

The only ones who stayed loyal were the bullies, they appointed me as their leader.

I started to done a mask, a sign of who I really was now.

My rampage went on for a year and a half, which was when we were attacked by Herobrine.

In battle, I proved myself to him, and Herobrine offered me a deal that I just had to accept.

I just had to do one thing, kill my followers.

None of them made it out alive.

It took me another year for me to realize that every time I used my powers, I became more evil.

I had a lot of recovering to do after that.

From that day on, I swore that I would no longer use my powers again.

I won't let myself fall into the Dead of the Night.

But why did I feel like someone was manipulating me back then?

A little backstory of Razer.

Bullying leads to bigger problems.

Well, it doesn't turn into that.

Stop bullying everyone. Don't be a bystander, stand out.