Chapter 38: Feral Nethekins

Ember's POV

Traveling in the Nether is actually kinda fun.

Just avoid the mobs, and you'll be fine!

Personally, I like killing them and gloating.

Which makes me sound like a maniac, but I don't care.

I rode on a strider, while shooting every mob that tried to attack me.

Once I got off, I gave the strider some fungi as a thank you gift.

Wait? Are those people?

I looked pretty down to see what looked like normal humans moving around.

The only thing I could tell  was that they had horns and they seemed to be ruthlessly beating each other up.

Netherkin, But not like Stella. These are actual feral Netherkin.   

I had to go around them, so I snuck around, trying to stay quiet.

I was almost out of their sight, when a Netherkin, as if he had heard me, and I swear to God that I didn't step on a stick, turned around and screamed.

As all the Netherkin charged at me, I pulled out my swords and began to attack them.

I swung both blades, and kicked at them, knocking them down or killing them.

But I was getting exhausted, and more seemed to be coming.

I stabbed two Netherkins in the chest, and pulled the swords out.

I turned around and I saw a fist coming right towards me.

I collapsed, and for a few minutes, everything looked blurry, then my vision cleared and I saw the Netherkin who punched me slowly walk towards me.

I'm betting that he's the leader.

I braced myself for the finishing blow.

I knew my totem of undying would revive me and I had the Relic of Rebirth just in case, but it's not like I could keep dying and coming back to alive for the rest of my life.

Something was coming closer, and even the feral Netherkin later turned around with a look of surprise.

And that was when the feral Netherkin got punched right in the face.