Chapter 14

The hospital released Percy a week later. He wasn't being forced to go to a counsellor yet. Percy's heart burned. He loved Nico so much he felt helpless. He didn't want to leave Nico, but he was eighteen. Every tiime he looked ahead, he couldn't see a future. He didn't know what he wanted to do with his life because he felt that he didn't have a life. He didn't want to do anything.

Sally kissed Percy's head. "I'm going to work now. Are you going to be fine on your own for a few hours? Maybe call Nico or Jason or Annabeth over to do something?" Percy rolled over in his bed.

"Yeah Mom, I'll be okay. I'll invite Nico over." There were no more sleeping pills. Those hadn't worked anyways. This wasn't a love story. Things worked out in love stories. Percy didn't feel all that much like a prince, or a "princess". Nico was surely a prince, but not his prince. He was in the wrong fairy tale, and he had to escape before it was too late.

When the door was shut behind Sally, Percy dragged himself out of bed and sat down at his desk. He wrote two letters. One was for his mom and Paul, and the other was for Nico. His tears stained both of them but he folded them anyways and stuck them inside an envelope. Inside of Nico's, he slipped a bracelet that he used to always wear. I won't be needing that anymore, he had written. Little did he know, Nico wouldn't take that bracelet off until the day he joined Percy.

The water that filled the bathtub wasn't too cold, and it wasn't too hot. Percy discarded everything but the blue boxers he wore and sat down in the water. Nico lived fifteen minutes away at least, and he would most likely be walking. His dad worked this day, and Nico didn't have a car.

Come over, the text read. Percy gritted his teeth as his hand tightened around the small kitchen knife.

It's now or never, he thought to himself. Agony spread through his arms and he felt drained as the knife slipped from his hands. Percy sank back into the bath and felt each breath get harder and harder to take. For a second, Percy's mind reared. He needed to live. He couldn't do this. It was wrong. He could get a therapist, or something. Nico was coming over and would find his dead body. The boy he loved more than anything. More than life itself.

No! He couldn't. But he had. He had lost too much blood to turn around now. Percy was angry at himself. He was stupid. He could have talked to someone.

His mind started going hazy. There was knocking on the door. Nico always knocked and then let himself in. Percy was counting on Nico letting himself in.

Sure enough, as Percy's thoughts started to become harder and harder to think, the door knob clicked.

"Percy?" Percy used what little energy he had to smile. Nico's voice still made his heart flutter. Even now.

Nico's scream echoed in his ears. He yanked Percy out of the bathtub and Percy's lips struggled to form words.

"I-I...l-l-ove...yo-u..."

"No, Percy." Tears hit his face. "Don't talk. You're going to be okay. I love you. I love you. I love you." Percy's eyes found Nico's face and he could feel his heart stop. He felt happy as darkness swarmed his vision and his eyes fluttered closed.

Percy opened his eyes in a beautiful field. Nico was laying there next to him watching the stars and Percy's heart was ripped out of his chest as he realized what he had done.

"Nico!" Nico looked at him and he realized he couldn't do anything now. "Dance with me," He said instead. Percy stood up and pulled Nico up with him.

"This is all a dream," he whispered. Nico looked at him.

"Yes, but you're here, and I'm here, and that's all that matters." Nico's head settled on his shoulder and Percy caught a glimpse of his bracelet on Nico's wrist.

"You wore it," he uttered.

"I never took it off."

---

Hey guys! That's the end. Sorry it's sad. I'm such a mess right now. Comment any suggestions or anything :-)