The Red Rum Conundrum

It was a bright shining day in the Mourning Town, an old city far away from his homeland. He had come to Euboris per ship and across the Silver Sea. He had heard about the city but it wasn't really a city more a connection of cottages, planks and trading shops. The Weeping Town got its name in the late stages of Queen Empress Aerion Stormblade, who herself was the daughter of rrhohish King Rörik Stormblade, conquest. When King Rhaemon Stormfire, her husband, was accidentally trampled to death by the small folk. And then the citizens realized what they had done, began calling it the Mourning Town. Although most of the rrhohish chiefs were vengeful after Rhaemon's death, the Queen Empress surprisingly forgave the assassins and brought an rapprochement with the Frenna of Askarys. She ordered that the smallfolk had to built a statue of her husband, to repay her mercy and they obliged as the Priest-King was beloved by many. Now there was statue in the towns center, depicting King Rhaemon Stormfire astride a large stone horse, his sword and prayer book raised towards Askarys. After Queen Empress Aerion Stormfire's death, a statue was also dedicated to her in her honor, showing her on a large stone horse, a sword in her right hand and a model ship in her left. Aerion's statue is built so close to her husband that it looks like they're riding together forever. Her daughter Empress Aeren Stormfire, who was now ruling passed the law that in the course of time, each pair of monarchs of the dynasty receive similar statues following the first rrhohish Empress of Askarys. The Stranger had made plans in his had to visit the Imperial City of Kaaenadell and to chat with Empress Aeren Stormfire, the First of her Name, King of the Grey Island, Princess of the Mountains of the Moon and the Steppes, Queen of the Sunny Lands, Princess of the High Vision and Sunfire, but that had time.

He had done nothing peculiar so far just enjoyed the sunlight, meditating and listening to various sorrounding traders. Some trading cogs from Aesis had arrived today and immediately caused commotions, Aesiryans were zealots not as ruthless as the Hgh-Frwr but still brutally honest in their plans of total  religious conversion. The Stranger didn't notice that two men in armor approached, as he had his eyes closed and legs crossed. He only noticed that it got darker, presuming the sun was blocked by a cloud. A guard tipped his shoulder and the Stranger opened his eyes slowly. "Come with us Foreigner." one of the men ordered and the Stranger dared to ask why and where. "To a scene of cowardly crime. Some here have talked about a strange man in clothes of a physician, who heals and knows how to open up bodies. Finding causes of death that no ordinary could find and you match the description." and the other guard joined in by questioning: "So are you that man?" To which the Stranger simply smiled and replied: "On some days I am and on others I am not, case in point today for I have started mine vacation. But I will go for I am feeling unfullfilled, so lead the way". The Frenna lead him over planks and murky water. On the way the Stranger revealed that his name was Arvalus the Apothecary and that he rather had come to see the country than work. There were so many impressions of new smells, foods and seasonings but also familiar things like seller praising his Thorny Mangosteens, False Peaches, River Tangerines and Miracle Yam. Arvalus wanted to stop and refill his medical supply but had to keep with the Frenna of the City Watch. Finally they reached a small hut, from the outside it looked gorgeous despite it's simplicity. "Perhaps I should I someday soon, somewhere." the Apothecary thought to himself. The Hut had been built with white wood and had some orcwood decorations. Large, triangular windows allowed enough light to enter the home and have been added to the house in a fairly asymmetrical pattern. The roof is high and rounded and is covered with black roof tiles. Two small chimneys poke out the center of the roof. Two roof terraces let in plenty of light to the rooms below the roof.

"Where was the body found Sir...sorry what was your name." he asked one of the men, who had a slight darker skin. He was quick to answer and the Apothecary categorized the Guard of not being slow-witted. "The body was found in the bar. Yes of course in urgent matters I often forget to introduce myself, I am Captain Taemes of the Weeping Town and this my loyal right hand Maendor, he has sworn an oath of silence in honour of the gods."