4 - That kid has good instincts

EMILYS POV
"Jack?" I whispered.
"Em..." He shook his head.
"Margaux?" Daniel sounded just as shocked as I did.
"Daniel?" Margaux looked flustered but somehow amused at the same time.

We sat down next to them and I couldn't stop staring at Jack, he had another child. Obviously around the same age as Charlie and for the past three years never said anything. I was furious.

I hardly listened to the lady who said something about their son Nathan making a comment about Laura and Charlie defending her. She started talking about methods to help them get along but I zoned out again glaring at Jack. We were finally allowed out and Daniel and Margaux went to get Charlie and Nathan and Jack and I were left alone in the hall.

"So you just had another kid and never planned on telling me? Huh is that what happened? Last time I checked you and Margaux weren't together. Jack I kissed you last year." I shook my head and began to walk outside when he grabbed my arm, "Emily wait. I only found out about Nathan a little while ago. Margaux flew out to Paris a few weeks after she got pregnant and we broke up. She didn't want to bring him back here with everything that happened with the David Clarke Scandal and it was all too much. Please believe me." I stopped and turned back to him, "You should've been honest with me as soon as you found out. That's what friends do Jack" I pulled my hand away and walked outside.

Daniel came out with Charlie a few minutes later, "He knows he did the wrong thing today." Daniel put him in the back seat and I leaned against the car, "Well he may have done the wrong thing but he was defending his family and I'm proud of him for it. Also he has good instincts with the kid he chose." Daniel looked at me confused and I shook my head "Forget it, let's go home" we got in the car and drove home.