1 - This storm will pass

Everything was going well, Emily was seven months pregnant and was getting over the fact that her dad was gone. Neither Emily nor Daniel really had anyone to count on but each other and Nolan. Charlie was 3 and a half and in kindergarten and Laura was almost 2. Emily came down one morning and Daniel was sitting at the laptop with a glass of scotch reading articles.

"Hey baby what are you-" She stopped midsentence when she saw the alcohol and walked over and took it from the table and poured it down the sink, "Daniel you promised me!" She said with tears in her eyes. He sighed obviously frustrated, "The things they're writing about Charlotte is awful Em. It's not true, I hate it." Emily understood his frustration and sat down next to him, "Look you have to ignore them. This will blow over soon. Remember when I released my news and.. My dad. It will pass eventually." She closed the laptop and took his hand, "We will get through this." Charlie walked down the stairs and Emily stood up, "Im dropping him off, I'll be back soon. Keep an eye on Laura and don't drink okay?" Emily looked him in the eye and he nodded slightly.

She walked outside with Charlie and got in the car, she was almost too big to drive but she didn't want Daniel to with the state he was in and she needed to get Charlie to kindergarten so he could interact with other kids. After she dropped him off she drove straight home and when she walked inside she was concerned because she couldn't find Daniel or Laura. She walked outside and sighed with relief as she saw Daniel sitting on the sand looking out to the ocean with Laura in his arms.

She walked down to them and sat down. Daniel didn't move at all, "I think the worst thing is I was always there to help her or protect her, I just feel so helpless." He sighed and Emily leaned her head on his shoulder, "I know babe. Maybe you should try and visit her again. It's been a while."

Daniel shook his head, "She won't see me, she thinks I hate her. I don't hate her Em. I just want to protect her. Why can't I?" He finally turned his head towards Emily and held back tears. Emily just sighed and shook her head, "Because sometimes it feels like the world is against us. We just have to show the world that we can handle anything thrown our way" she finished with another sigh and they stayed out there for a while before coming back inside.

A/N: No cliffhanger I'm sorry. Thank you for reading this book my lovely people. I'm thinking of trying to update weekly, is that a good idea? Let me know thank you❤️