Eight

Eddy immediately realized it.

The first step he and Brett took into the classroom, together, Eddy realized how everyone's eyes are on them.

Brett did not say anything. His face looked blank and lifeless.

Slowly and calmly, he walked to his seat opposite of Oliver. Eddy sat down beside him afterwards.

Oliver pretended that both of them are invisible and continued to talk to Jamie. Between their talks, they raise an eyebrow or maybe roll their eyes on the other two.

To which Eddy, knowing about the texting incident, feel disgusted at.

But in overall, the whole atmosphere is just freaking weird.

Brett pretended that everything is just normal and went to his locker outside, as usual. Eddy followed straight after, which weirdly attracted everyone's looks again.

"What happened?" Eddy asked Brett as soon as they are out in the corridor. Not really a private space, but at least none of their classmates are around. 

Brett just shook his head as he took some books needed for the upcoming lessons.

"You need to tell me."

Brett looked up to Eddy for a second, and shook his head again.

"What is it?" Eddy looked frustrated. But deep down, he felt worried. Because he is more than a hundred percent sure that something has happened. Something bad.

"Lessons will be starting soon. You better get your books." 

Brett said that to Eddy and with a swift motion, he closed his locker. He then entered the classroom, books in hand, leaving Eddy behind.

What the heck is wrong with him? This is all Eddy could get out of his mind.

Between their lessons, Eddy kept trying to ask Brett about what happened. With any (annoying) way possible.

For example whispering, in English lesson, when everyone is reading the novel Animal Farm. But Brett pretended that he didn't hear it and faked as if he is indulging himself into the story, even though Eddy knew he had no interest in that book.

Eddy did the same thing during Maths. But this time Brett genuinely didn't hear him, because he is so focused on trying to solve the simultaneous equations in front of him. To which Eddy decided not to disturb him so that he won't have to stay up at night to help Brett with Maths work.

He tried again in Science, when everyone have their books open on their desk, writing stuff down.

When Ms Walker isn't noticing, Eddy shoved his hand over to Brett's notebook and wrote something down.

What is it?

He can clearly hear the other sigh heavily.

You'll soon find out.

What? Eddy is still confused.

But when it is time for lunch, he regretted asking so much about it.

The both of them reached the cafeteria together during lunch. (Yes, no more Jamie and Oliver.) They picked up some food, picked a seat and sat down. 

"You want to know what happened?" Brett asked him.

To which Eddy nodded.

"I hope you don't regret it then."

Brett stood up and walked away. He headed towards the washroom, leaving Eddy behind on his own again.

What the heck?