Problems

Charlie P.O.V.

Me, Y/n, and Mo are outside the school waiting for one of the other band members to come. None of us have seen Olivia today.

"Hey guys. Has anyone seen Olivia today?" Wen asks.

" I haven't seen her all day." Mo admits and Y/n nods her head. She's been quiet recently she doesn't really talk to anyone besides Wen. I hope I didn't do anything. We all start walking and Wen wraps his arm around Y/n's shoulder. I hear him whisper to her.

" You can't be so down about this. They're getting married and it's final." She nods her head and lays it on Wen's shoulder. We finally get to Olivia's house and Mo sees her grandmas through the window. She lets us in and we walk to the bakyard to see Olivia sitting by herself. Wen walks over to her and sits down beside her, giving Olivia side hug.

" I'm sorry about Nancy." Wen tells her.

" Ya me too." she responds.

" Hey, it's nice out here." I tell her.

" Ya, um sometimes I like to look up and see what shapes I can find. Y'know in the clouds." she explains. I shift my body so I'm laying on the ground and Y/n lays beside me.

" It's a giant old lady, with a skirt and umbrella." he says.

" Nah, it's Godzilla" Y/n exclaims excitedly. I smile and lay my hand on top of hers. She smiles at me and I smile back. Olivia speaks up.

" I see some flowers in a vase."

" Oh, I see a hand." Mo says.

" Na, it's an alien pushing a baby carriage." Wen corrects her.

" All I see is a blob." Stella announces. " Sometimes I think I'm too stupid to be in my family. That I'm just some big let down. No wonder my mom ignores me. " she admits.

" I wish my dad would ignore me. I'm never gonna live up to his perfect image of this perfect Indian daughter." Mo speaks up.

" Try living up to a perfect brother." I add. 

" I'd take perfect brother anyday over getting a new mom." Y/n speaks up. Everyone looks at Y/n.

" My dad is in prison." Olivia admits. She sits up and we all follow her actions.

" I'm just too humilated to talk to him or about him. He writes, but I don't write back. I don't know what to say. He's made some really bad decisions since my mom died. I still love him and it's just. That's why I'm so glad to have this too. Our friendship. Y/n nods at Stella to start playing the guitar.

{Y/n}

I can't pretend
To know how you feel
But know that I'm here
Know that I'm real

{Wen}

Say what you want
Or don't talk at all

{Y/n}

I'm not gonna let you fall
Reach for my hand
'Cause it's held out for you
My shoulders are small
But you can cry on them too
Everything changes
But one thing is true
Understand
We'll always be more than a band
Yeah

{Stella}

You used to brave the world
All on your own
Now we won't let you go, go it alone