I Am Child of This House

Beside Abandoned Empress, the ML of this webtoon is being hated by the fans too. And I'm a bit saddened by that fact. Really.

I can sort of guess Emel Astrada or Emel Raymond now, is the male lead. This is because Estelle act like a girl in love as she gets older. There is one time when she blushed thinking about Emel. I forgot which chapter. That's why I can sort of guess he is the Male Lead.

As for the other candidate? Carl obviously no because he is her brother. They are half brother and sister. Obviously no one would like that kind of incest. Well even though some people don't mind it. But the society will be against that. And it's not proper to do that.

As for the crown prince. I once read the spoiler that the crown prince will become sort of like villain. So of course no. He doesn't get screen time that much either. So of course he can't be the male lead.

As for the other? They either doesn't have important role and doesn't get much screen time. We can tell they're all supporting chara.

That's how I can come up to the conclusion. And now I want to describe why Emel has to do that. Many people will become biased towards the MC. They all want a perfect ML without blemish. The ML must love the MC unconditionally and must act all sweet everyday. This is probably why if the ML is like Emel they always get hated. The readers wants something like a fairytale. Like in Barbie series. Where the ML was so perfect.

But you must know that ML is also a character with a personality and his own insecurities. Even in the real life boys is a human too. No boys or men is perfect like in the webtoon or any other romance stories. And for me the boys and men in stories is already much too perfect than in real life. I experienced it with my own relationship. So I can relate.

Okay let's get back to Emel.

As you know it's normal to think like Emel. When you watch over Estelle from a kid, you will think that she is still a child. A cute child that needs to be protected. It's normal for Emel to think that his lady can't differentiate between a love for a man and a love for her subordinate or knight.

Second, Emel always thinks that he always act not like himself. He always thinks that he is not that kind and not worthy of Estelle who always stand in the light. That's why he thought that Estelle love the kind and humble Emel not the dark Emel. So he will feel insecurities and inferior. He will feel he doesn't deserve to stand next to the light that always shine on him. And that's normal! It's a reaction normal to a human being! Can't Emel feel that way? Do he have to ignore all his insecurities? It's not that easy you know! It's not easy for us to suddenly gain confidence.

Third, Emel felt inferior if he as a knight love his lady. That's why he decided to take on the title of Marquess so he can at least stand toe to toe with the lady he served. A man has his own pride you know. Some man will felt really insecurities if his woman is much more capable than he is. I experienced it with my ex and my own father. They will felt useless if they can't do anything while his partner can do much more than them. So what Emel is felt is normal for a human being!

So why do you guys hate a ML that is seem more like a real guy in a real life? He even say that he knows he didn't deserve to be forgiven by his actions. He knows he is wrong! But he can't help it. He too has his own thinking. Has his own trouble. Trouble with himself or with his family.

That's all I wanna say. I just want some Emel haters to start thinking from his perspective. If you guys still hate Emel and can't stand reading it. Just drop it. Don't bash the author. He/she already worked hard enough to make those. Don't belittle the works.

Thank you for reading!