II | Licht

A soft and sweet tune pulled you out of your slumber

A soft and sweet tune pulled you out of your slumber. Your eyes fluttered open with a dazed look, before you remembered the feeling of drowning underwater. The cold water that kept you from coming out of the surface...

You abruptly sat up, startling the little girl who was in the same room as you. But you didn't notice her immediately until you analyzed the place where you were.

The two of you stared at each other, both blinking curiously. She had a short hair so you immediately realized that her ears were pointed; like an elf. This little girl was also familiar to you, even though you couldn't point exactly where you've seen her.

"Marie...?" You murmured, voice sounding hoarse, before she widened her eyes and ran outside of the room. Her sudden action left you speechless and dizzy—you wondered if you were still dreaming.

Actually, you couldn't process what was happening. You clearly remembered crying yourself to sleep, then waking up midair, drowning, and now you woke up again. Above all, the voice that kept speaking to you that came out of nowhere.

It all sounds like a wild dream. And even now, you think you're dreaming. Since you were aware of the situation, you thought this was a lucid dream. But you never really had one before, so you were not so sure how a dream could feel so real.

You stepped out of the bed and stood up, finally noticing that you were wearing a chiton in color white. The sash and fabrics that held it together to your body was in a baby blue color. Furthermore, your hair was noticeably longer and silkier that it felt so smooth against your skin.

Yup, this is definitely a dream, you confirmed in your thoughts.

You walked barefoot out of the room where you woke up and lifted the curtain draped at the door. This is where the little girl ran off to, so you presumed this is the exit.

The moment you revealed the sight beyond the muslin curtain, you were greeted by two pairs of golden eyes. The white eyelashes that the person had complimented his eyes and it was so mesmerizing that your breath hitched.

This was the face you couldn't forget since he had looked the same in the elf reincarnation arc of Black Clover. Tears started falling down your cheeks, which made the male in front of you speechless.

"Licht?" You breathe as your hand reached for his cheek. Licht didn't understand why you were crying and why you wanted to touch him, but he let you do it. That's why he was more puzzled when you cried more the moment you caressed his face.

"Uwah! Why is she crying?" Patri who just came with Raia and Fana asked with a baffled expression. Fana covered her mouth with concern while Raia teased, "You made her cry, Licht?"

The leader of the elves who sweat-dropped tried to say something but he couldn't form words. He heard what his fellow elves asked, but he was hung up on the fact that you knew exactly who he was, when he clearly remembers Eclat saying she didn't say anything to you. Licht was so sure that you were unconscious yesterday to recognize him.