Bad Day

Dedicated to Adorothe

Akaashi was currently baking an apple pie when he heard the door being unlocked. He waited for the door to be opened and the well-known “Agaaashee”, but there was silence. He slowly furrowed his brows and started to walk to the entry. When he heard cursing, he even walked a little bit faster. He reached for the door handle and opened the door slowly.  When he glanced through the door gap he saw something very rare and unusual. Bokuto was still struggling with his keys and mumbling to himself when he noticed that the door was already open. He looked at his husband who had crossed his arms and looked at him with a judging look.

"Are you drunk or why aren't you able to open the door?” You could clearly hear some hint of disappointment in his voice. “No,” Bokuto replied quickly with a loud voice and a shocked look on his face.” I promise you I didn't. I just had a really bad day.” He seemed tired and stressed out. Akaashi believed him. His expression softened and he reached out for Bokutos arm, slowly tugging him inside. He closed the door behind them and turned around to give his husband the attention he needed.

“What happened?” He asked while taking off  Bokutos jacket, putting it into the closet.

“It wasn't anything big,” he answered while making his way to the living room.” First, I forgot my breakfast and when I went to the coffee shop to buy me something, I realized I had left my money at home.”

“That´s usually not something that can bring you down” Akaashi wondered  while sitting down at the couch and patting his lap to signal Bokuto to lay down.

He didn't have to do anything else. Bokuto gladly accepted the offer and laid down, stretching out his limbs and laying his head into Akashi’s lap. He felt a hand in his hair, trying to comfort him.

“Well that's because that wasn't everything.  After that, my train got cancelled and I had to wait in the cold.  I also came too late to work and my boss was totally stressed as well, so he yelled at me and gave me extra work to do. When I came home it was already dark and I wasn't able to see where I stepped. And of course, I had to oversee this one- I don't even know what it was- thing and fell down hurting my ankle. Well I guess that's everything. Now that I think about it maybe I don't have the right to complain. I should- “

“Let me stop you there,” Akaashi interrupted him.” Your day sounds pretty shitty and you have every right to complain.” His eyes were filled with empathy for his lover. “How about you go and take a hot shower while I go and get us some blankets and pillows so we can watch a movie while we cuddle.We could also eat some apple pie that I made. I just took it out of the oven, it should still be warm.” When he looked down, he met a pair of sparkling eyes.

“That sounds amazing. Thank you, Akash.”

“You don't have to thank me. That's the least thing I can do for my awesome husband,” he answered smiling. And that smile warmed Bokuto from within and made his day already a way better. He was actually planning on not complaining as soon as he gets home. But the second Akaashi had asked him what happened he couldn't hold back. It was as if his eyes were staring right into his soul. As soon as he had this look on his face it was like every barrier had been broken and he just couldn't hide his feelings.

He was glad he had told Akaashi everything. Right now, he relaxed under the hot shower and he could already smell the heavenly scent of the apple pie. He turned off the water, took a towel and dried off the water drops running down his back and chest. After drying himself off he slipped into his warm pullover and sweatpants, making himself ready for an evening on the couch with his beloved partner. He opened the door and made his way to the living room, where he saw something heartwarming.

Akaashi had already set up everything. Blankets and pillows were spread out all over the sofa. He even lighted some candles and he could make out the menu of his favourite movie on the tv.

“Do you like it?" He heard someone whisper into his ear. Bokuto could feel the warmth the other was radiating and he could feel Akaashis breath on his neck.

He slowly turned around and was immediately caught by the eyes of his lover. There was only love and adoration in them.” I love it,” was the only thing he was able to say right now. Akaashi made his way to the couch putting the two plates with apple pie on the table while sitting down. He looked back to the doorframe where Bokuto was still standing, overwhelmed by the love he could feel right now.

“Come here.” These words made Bokuto finally snap out of his daze, his head turning to where Akaashi had sat down and waited for him with opened arms.

He didn't have to say it twice. Bokuto nearly leaped into his arms, hiding his head in the crook of his neck. The tips of his hair touched Akashi’s cheek and it made him smile. Then Bokuto slowly looked up, their heads now close together. “I love you, Keiji.”  Was everything Bokuto managed to say before he lowered his lips on the ones of his husband.

The kiss was slow and passionate. It was everything both of them needed right now. When they parted again, gasping for air, Akaashi placed his hand under Bokutos chin making him look right  into his eyes.

“I love you too, Koutarou. And now let’s eat before the pie gets cold.”

They started eating and the movie begun. After they finished their slice of pie they cuddled up again covering themselves with the blankets. Akaashi kept planting small kisses on Bokutos hair, neck and cheek.

Maybe this day wasn't so bad after all.

Hello everyone I hope you had a nice christmas in those weird times. I have not updated in a while because I needed to take some time for myself since school and so on had been quite stressful the last days before the holidays. But here I am again.

Thank you all so much for over 130 reads! I wouldn't have thought that this one shot book would ever get this much reads. So thanks to all of you. <3

I really hope you liked this chapter.

Like I said I am always very glad and open  for feedback or corrections.

Of course I have to thank my Beta readers again since they always give me constructive feedback and always support me. Thanks for that. <3

I wish all of you nice holidays and also a happy New Year. 🎉🎆