Chapter 4

At 8:30 a.m, Aria woke up. She ate her breakfast, took a bath and got dressed in a pretty outfit. She was wearing a nice white crop top with blue pants and a brown long coat. She paired her dress with nice pair of magenta heels. Her nicely loosed curls completed her look. She walked in her grandma's room. Her grandmother was holding the pictures of Aria's father.

     "I should leave now. Otherwise, I'll get late. You keep talking to  your son." saying this, she left the room. She hired a taxi to reach at her destination. She was very excited for the first day of her dream job. She was pensive during the whole journey. Aria wanted to become an orthopedic surgeon. She passed her Mcat and was lucky enough to secure admission in Case Western Reserve School of Medicine in Cleveland which is ranked among the top 25  best med schools of America.

      After getting her bachelors degree, she applied for USMLE and passed all 3 steps

      After getting her bachelors degree, she applied for USMLE and passed all 3 steps. She matched at different hospitals for residency programs all across US. But she chose Hill Crest Hospital in Cleveland because she wanted to stay close to her grandmother. She insisted her grandmother to pack bags and move with her to any other state. But she refused because she did not want to leave her home, where she spent her whole life and move to a completely new place.

         At sharp 10 a.m, she entered the hospital. Her eyes were searching for the reception. "Oh! There it is." She went to the reception and introduced herself to the receptionist as, "Good Morning. I am Dr. Aria Vincent. Today is my first day here."

   The receptionist checked her computer and she asked a nurse who was passing by to help Aria

"Sister Amily, can you take doctor Aria to professor Marcus's room."    "Yeah, sure. I will. Come this way, doctor. I can tell that it's your first day here. Hope you have a wonderful experience."
"Thank you very much." replied Aria with a smile on her face.

     It was a strange yet amazing feeling which she felt. They reached in the office of an experienced orthopedic surgeon who was busy examining some files of patients. Nurse introduced Aria to him, "Hello doctor. Hope you are having an amazing day. She is doctor Aria. She is newly joined first year resident. She will practice under your supervision." saying this she left the room. Aria was a little nervous. He seemed to be a serious guy.  He gazed Aria during the whole conversation with nurse Amily. Aria was looking at him and expecting him to say a word. He gave a big smile and introduced himself as,
  " Hello, doc! I am Marcus. Marcus Felix."
  "Hello! Professor, Nice to meet you."
" You look prett.... Oh! I mean.. Hope you have a pretty experience working with me." he said in a single breath.
   "Thank you," she seemed confused.

"Have a seat here." he said pointing toward the sofa, "
"we have to perform a surgery on a patient in 20 minutes. Would you like to join us."
"Really!!" she did not expect to perform the surgery so early on her first day. "Is that any problem?" asked Marcus. "I mean, yeah, why not."
"Great! We'll see what talent you hide under that surface."
Aria nodded with confidence on his remark. "We'll see," she whispered.