Chapter 1- Cyrille

"Cyrille, are you even listening?" a young woman waved her hand in front of my face vigorously. "Honestly, get your head out of that sketchbook once in a while. Also, would you show me some of your drawings for once?"
I shot her a dead-serious glance. "What could someone like you possibly say to interest me, Matsuoka?" I returned my gaze to my sketchbook. "And have I not informed you why I don't show people my things?"
"Yeah, yeah," she said with a frustrated sigh. "But come on, Rily-chan! I know you don't care what I think, but you can at least call me Haruka! I've known you for years and yet you're still so formal with me. Mou, you're so mean to me!"
"I stopped calling you Matsuoka-san a year ago." Haruka simply facepalmed, making me blink in confusion. I laughed nervously, unsure of what she wanted from me. "Maybe if you call me Cyrille-sama, I'll call you Haruka-chan. However, I'm much more likely to call you Haruka-san. Anyway, I demand that you stop calling me Rily-chan. It's extremely irritating."
"Damn, that's not bad," she said, stroking her nonexistent beard as she nodded. However, after a few nods, she looked straight back at me with a smirk. "Buuuuut no. Not good enough for me."
I scowled intensely at her as I hit her over the top of her head. "Stop it. I am your god, and you shall listen to me."
"Nope!" she quickly replied, giggling. She sighed after a moment of silent fury from me. "Anyways, I've really gotta get you back to your dorm, kid. It's just past eight."
"Okay," I said with a shrug. "I suppose that would be the logical thing to do, assuming that I don't want any bothersome consequences."
I stood up and grabbed my things from the table, and I eyed Haruka to put the check on the table. "See you later, Jake," she lifted a hand to wave as she put an arm around my shoulder. "I might come back tomorrow, might not." I opened my mouth to object to her touching me, but I decided to ignore it for once.
We left the small café, and she turned toward me as she walked me out. "Nn, oh yeah! So, anyway I was hanging out with my ex-girlfriend a couple of weeks ago, and-" she began rambling about subjects I couldn't care less about. I feigned listening for a few moments until I eventually noticed that she'd removed her hand from my shoulder, and I was free of her grip due to her wild gesticulations.
"Oh hey, that girl over there has a really nice a-"
Without realizing it, I had walked out in front of a semi going sixty-five miles per hour at the very least. Upon impact, my neck snapped and my limbs were shattered. In that exact moment, I died.